New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

36 days clean

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Brokengirl, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

So I managed 36 days clean then a old friend came over and the temptation was to much and we ended up doing a couple of grams! I'm so cross with my self. I thought I was going great. Hadn't thought about it in days. Now I need to start all over again. Staying clean was easy when I kept myself at home and away from friends that use. But when it was put in front of me it was just to much. I feel so defeated by this drug. How can I beat it?
    Loso likes this.
  2. LuvHimSo

LuvHimSo Member

@Brokengirl 36 days is amazing and it took incredible courage to accomplish that so please give yourself some peace in accomplishing that. Day 37 was a bad day but not a total defeat. Please I know it's hard but war against that drug voice in your head that tells out of 37 days one damn day is going defeat you? Compared to all the rest of the days of your life? Yes it SUCKS that the cycle was broken and you start counting again but the most important thing is that you DO start again. It's okay...alright? You already know what you learned from it as it's clearly stated in your post. How can that knowledge and this experience make you stronger this time? I am someone who sincerely cares for for sll who are fighting addiction. I'm wittinessing it first hand at this moment.
    I hope to hear good things from you and I'm sending healing hopes and thoughts to you in abundance beautiful person. Broken parts can mend.
    Loso and deanokat like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Brokengirl... Congrats on your 36 days, my friend. What a wonderful accomplishment! Please don't beat yourself up over your slip-up. You are a human being and human beings are not perfect! Plus, you recognize that you made a mistake. So pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back on the right path again. It's that easy. The more you do this, the better you'll get at it. It's all about progress, not perfection. Those 36 days were 36 days you didn't use. How awesome is that???

I don't know if this will help you at all, but I made a video not too long ago. It talks about what you've just experienced. Take a couple minutes to watch it. And know that I'm sending you lots of love and positive vibes. You can get back on track again. I know it.

Loso and LuvHimSo like this.
  4. LuvHimSo

LuvHimSo Member

I love the video Dean, yes please keep making them. Smiles :)
    Loso and deanokat like this.
  5. Loso

Loso Member

@Brokengirl I want to say congratulations for staying clean 36 days that's a lifetime for me I been dealing with this addiction for years and I can honestly tell you if you stayed clean for 36 day you are on the right track don't judge your self for one bad day it just goes to say that you always have to be on the lookout for your self there are always going to be triggers just try to detect them and make a quick exit until your strong enough to be around negative people and even then you should have your gaurds up. Your question on how to beat it it's tricky I wish I had an answer but I don't. I think instead of trying to beat it try to avoid it ignore it don't give it no time in your life. It's and up hill battle but if you did 36 days clean you got what it takes. Best of wish and alway stay positive.. :);)
    Brokengirl, LuvHimSo and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

@Brokengirl... How are you doing, my friend? If you get a chance, please check in with us and let us know how things are. We're here for you and we care.
    Brokengirl, Loso and LuvHimSo like this.
  7. pierre87

pierre87 Member

Well done @Brokengirl that's fantastic, don't let one relapse get you down, I just hope I can go 36 like you.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. deanokat

@Brokengirl.... Thinking of you today. Let us know how things are going.
  9. You messed up. Gotta start over now. You know you gotta change people places and things right?