New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Ambien

Discussion in 'Ambien' started by jdroc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. jdroc

jdroc Active Contributor

I just wanted to comment about these sleeping pills because you should expect an increase in usage. Every since Lortabs have been rescheduled, I've noticed that the pharm mills doctors here have been prescribing more ambiens. Don't be fooled. This is an additive narcotic, that can be very dangerous. So keep your guard and your wits about you.
    Teresa likes this.
  2. Charles P.

Charles P. Community Advocate

jdroc,
    Do you really see an upward trend where you are with sleeping pills, because of the reclassification of an opiate?
  3. jdroc

jdroc Active Contributor

Well I can't say for people using them, but yes the docs are definitely prescribing them more and people are selling them so yeah.
  4. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Why would doctors prescribe a sleeping pill in place of an opioid? They are two different drugs that do completely different things.
    jdroc likes this.
  5. jdroc

jdroc Active Contributor

Because certain doctors are greedy and will write a script for anything.
  6. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I've never tried this brand but I have tried some other ones and I agree that they are really addictive and the habit can just creep up on you. I also agree that a lot of these doctors just seem to be a bit too greedy when pushing meds but I understand that it's very tempting to refuse when the opportunity presents itself.
  7. Teresa

Teresa Senior Contributor

Thank you for this post, I am not a good sleeper, I do not like taking pills due to the potential of dependency as well as not liking to feel I do not have control over my self and senses. A friend recently suggested ZQuill because it is supposedly non addictive, but as I have asthma, therefore, I cant take ZQuill. My friend then suggested asking my doctor about Ambien since I refuse to take the pain med combo sleep aide prescription I was given. Her suggesting Ambien is based on her belief that it is non habit forming.