New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine vs. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by MrAmazingMan1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Active Contributor

Which is more addictive? Also by how much? I always assumed that cocaine was more addictive than weed but what is the exact amount?
  2. henry

henry Community Champion

Coke is way more addictive than weed. People really addicted to coke will do almost anything to get their fix. I've seen people really messed up on coke, and it's not a pretty sight. Some stole, cheated, even prostituted themselves for coke, but I've never seen anyone do those type of things just to smoke some weed.
  3. singingintherain

singingintherain Community Champion

I think the especially addictive quality of cocaine is because it wears off noticeably, reasonably quickly. With weed it is more of a gentle "comedown".

Different substances will be addictive to different people though. I have many friends who are definitely addicted to weed. It's not something I could see myself becoming addicted to but I guess anything is possible. It is always a good idea to treat substances with respect and realize that maybe you don't need them in your life at all. Reality can be pretty awesome on its own.
    amin021023 likes this.
  4. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I know a couple of people who rely on weed for their day to day life with back pain and also it helps them function with physical tasks, and they are able to handle themselves really well when they take the weed in the body. Cocaine is something which can make someone feel like they are above the people and also can do strange things, or cause self harm to themselves which can make them see things at times which are not real. It is a drug which can have different effects on different people, and can be banned in some countries like where I am from New Zealand it is not allowed but many still use it illegally.
  5. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Cocaine is an opiate in the Heroin family and it is very addictive. I would never try coke because I have heard of people having heart attacks while taking it, and I don't need to be addicted to a harmful substance. It is also expensive and who wants to snort all their money up their nose, I mean really!!!
  6. singingintherain

Just correcting a detail here as cocaine isn't an opiate, it's an amphetamine. While both families are highly addictive and harmful, their effects are very different. I absolutely agree that it is not a good idea though!
  7. sonia11

sonia11 Senior Contributor

Coke, as most have already said, is way more addictive than weed. People generally don't get violent, steal, or pawn all their stuff to get weed, so it makes weed better than coke in my book.
  8. MrAmazingMan1

That's insane, a shame that people would do these things...
  9. MrAmazingMan1

Yeah I heard it is super expensive! any idea per gram?
  10. stridee

stridee Active Contributor

Cocaine is way more addictive than weed from what I have heard. I have never tried cocaine or marijuana because I am just not that type, but a lot of people tend to do both just to try it. Weed from what I understand is pretty addictive, but it does not consume you as much as cocaine. A lot of people get real addicted to cocaine because of how strong its high is. Try to steer people away from these harmful substances no matter how addicting they may be!
  11. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

That's right, coke does wear off quickly, I was surprised how quickly I came down the first time I tried coke. see why people with the dependence would do anything to get the fix.

don't say that, it seems familiar for me: "It's not something I could see myself becoming addicted to"...just be careful.
    and as for Reality can be awesome on its own, yeah if you had tons of money but without money, no !
  12. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Why is this even a thread? Those are two completely different substances and weed is not even addictive.
    Mzpeaceful1 likes this.
  13. Matthodge1

I'm gonna play along, but cocaine is far more addictive than weed. It's also more expensive, more potent, and just overall a greater high than marijuana.
  14. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

To me, both substances are equally "habit forming". It's well documented that neither cocaine or marijuana are physically addictive, rather, they are psychologically addictive.
  15. singingintherain

I think I could have worded that a lot better sorry! I said that because I've smoked weed before and didn't enjoy it. So it's not something I would want to repeat again :) I found it quite stressful to be honest. My mind was racing over a million things at once and all I wanted was to have things straight in my head again. I found even simple tasks a challenge when I was high.
  16. Mzpeaceful1

Mzpeaceful1 Active Contributor

There is really no comparison here. I don't understand why they are being talked about. Cocaine is obviously the addictive one in this conversation and has been the cause of tons of deaths. Weed isn't in my opinion addictive. Some people may disagree. I used to smoke it quite often for my migraines and when I didn't smoke it I never experienced any sort of withdrawal symptoms. And I know what withdrawal feels like.
  17. amin021023

Alright, yeah. you're lucky that happened to you, unlike your experience, the first time I smoked weed I didn't feel paranoid at all and really enjoyed it, I've always had bad luck with everything.
  18. amin021023

Alright, yeah. you're lucky that happened to you, unlike your experience, the first time I smoked weed I didn't feel paranoid at all and really enjoyed it, I've always had bad luck with everything.
    greybird29 likes this.
  19. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Cocaine is definitely and undoubtedly more addictive than weed. The comedown from cocaine leaves you wanting more. The comedown from weed doesn't.
  20. Matthodge1

Actually, it has been documented that cocaine is physically addictive.
    greybird29 likes this.