New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Destructive behavior

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by User, May 14, 2017.

1. User

User Member

I'm a current prescription drug abuser. I drink and smoke weed frequently as well. Lately I've talked about getting treatment with my social worker. Just the conversation about different treatment possibilities and consideration of it has sparked a lot of dangerous and reckless behavior on my part. Is this common? I feel like I'm always fighting myself.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@User... I don't think that behavior is common. Perhaps you're scared of treatment and the behavior is your way of avoiding it. I don't know. I'm not a psychologist. I would definitely talk to your social worker about it, though.

I hope you're able to get help for your issues. Getting off the RX drugs, alcohol, and weed would make your life better and safer, believe it or not.

Sending you positive vibes, my friend. You can change your life. I know you can. You've taken a big step just by coming here and sharing with us. Just keep going.
    User likes this.
  3. User

User Member

Thank you. Not many people have been so positive. I'm grateful that there's at least the internet.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You're not alone, @User. A lot of people don't "get" addiction, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who do. Have you tried going to support group meetings? Because you'll find a ton of people there who are easy to talk to and know exactly what you're going through and feeling. AA, NA, or SMART Recovery (12-step alternative) meetings can be incredibly helpful and comforting. Just a thought.

Reach out anytime.