New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Getting off of Klonopin and Wellbutrin

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by jas, May 6, 2016.

1. jas

jas Member

It's possible. It's not easy, it's painful, but it's possible. After several attempts and several failures, I was about ready to throw in the towel and come to terms with the fact that I'd never feel like myself again. Then I remembered an herbal supplement I took before the Wellbutrin and Klonopin that used to help me deal with stress. An herb called Rhodiola Rosea. I stopped the Wellbutrin cold turkey (not always recommended) and starting taking a combo of rhodiola, eleuthero, and 5htp. I still had withdrawal symptoms, but not nearly as bad as I did while not taking the herbal supplements. I found myself needing the klonopin less and less as well (and I'm an ICU nurse, my days are stressful). If you find yourself struggling to get off of either wellbutrin or klonopin, try a few all natural alternatives to ease the withdrawal. You can do it!
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I would just add that it's always best to consult with your physician before you stop any RX medication. Weaning off of antidepressants or benzos is absolutely the much preferred method. Stopping cold turkey can be dangerous.