New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I want to drink enought that my suffering will be over

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by darcy11, Dec 20, 2016.

1. darcy11

darcy11 Member

You can delete if you want, I am sorry I am so tired of battling my alcohol addiction I just want it to end.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@darcy11... Tell us more about your situation. We're here to help and support you however we can. And we will listen to you without judgment.
  3. Jay99

Jay99 Member

I feel like for me it's not a battle yet. I'm just letting it take over
  4. Jay99

Jay99 Member

What kind of pain are you trying to get rid of?
  5. deanokat

@darcy11... Come back and let us know how you're doing, my friend. We're here to help any way we can.
  6. Jay99

Jay99 Member

Doing okay today so far. Didn't have a drink when I woke up. I'm feeling the urge to have one soon tho
  7. deanokat

@Jay99... Try to take things an hour at a time. Or even a minute at a time if you have to. Whatever helps you keep going in the right direction. FWIW, I'm super proud of you for not having a drink when you woke up today. Try to fight the urge off, my friend. And remember: Progress, not perfection.
  8. Jay99

Jay99 Member

Thanks deanokat. I've just had 3 drinks in the last 3 hours. I wanna have another but I'm going try and fight it as long as I can
  9. Jay99

Jay99 Member

Had a glass of water and a smoke instead
    deanokat likes this.
  10. deanokat

That's good, @Jay99. You fought off that craving. That's progress! Keep taking steps in the right direction, no matter how small. Even baby steps will eventually get you to where you want to go. :)
  11. darcy11

darcy11 Member

thank you @deanokat and @Jay99. I apologize fo rmy post, it was just a bad night. I don't really care if I quit to be honest. I am wishing you the best though @Jay99, if it hasn't become a battle, don't let it. Once it gets that far, it is so hard and in my case next to impossible to quit. I wish you boht the best and thanks again.
  12. deanokat

No need to apologize, @darcy11. We all have bad nights. Besides, we're here to listen no matter what you're feeling.

I hope you will reconsider trying to quit. I'm a firm believer that if you mix willingness and hope enough times you can achieve anything, including long-term sobriety.

We're here for you. Anytime.

Sending you positive vibes and big hugs.
  13. deanokat

Hey, @darcy11... How are you doing , my friend? Check in with us if you get a chance.