New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I want to quit Meth

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Vella, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Vella

Vella Member

Has anyone had any success quitting Meth without a recovery? If so please let me know how you did it!
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Vella... Do you mean without going to rehab?
  3. Crone

Crone Member

I have a friend...Used meth for ten years, usually injection, and got very sick and almost died. Sitting in the hospital trying not to die, she had an awakening. There were cancer patients in the hospital trying not to die, innocent people who did not cause their illness. She realized that the condition she was in was caused by meth, voluntarily used, and if she died, her Baby wouldn't have a mom. My friend has never used meth or needles again. This was twenty years ago. It was hard to get used to a drug free life. To get off meth, the addict must stay away from those who use. You end up enjoying flowers, beaches, FOOD! Life can never be quite the same, but you can rebuild a new one. My friend had to have her husband removed, get a restraining order, and start all over. He still uses meth, is homeless, and missed the most glorious thing of all, SEEING HIS DAUGHTER GROW UP! It really is possible to stop using meth. You don't even think about it, after 20 years!
    deanokat likes this.
  4. sstone12345@

sstone12345@ Member

Please, don't try and do it alone. Pull on the support of family and friends. Seek help to encourage your success.