New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is oxycodone really addictive?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by hollowbackerdale, Jun 11, 2015.

1. I've done oxycodone a few times recently..and well for a while I did it every week. Does anyone know how addictive it really is? I imagine if I did it more I would become dependent, but I don't plan on doing it again. Is there a website that talks about how addictive it and other painkillers are?
  2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

There is a web site called pdr for short which is physicians desk reference it talks about the addictiveness of oxycodone. My best advice is to you DONT USE IT AGAIN. reason I say that is because i am a recovering addict and oxycodone was my addiction. Ive been clean for 5 months and counting it is as addictive as heroin and more and more doctors are losing their licence because of giving it to patients that are abusers. Youare very lucky that you are not already addicted. Believe me take someones advice that knows Don't go that route it is not worth it the people you hurt and the things that you do to yourself. I hope you take this to heart. If I can help one person from making abif mistake Ive accomplished something good. Thanks For asking this question more people need to be aware.
  3. tarverten

tarverten Senior Contributor

my mom uses it for pain. her doc has had to up her meds often . but oxycodone does kinda become addicting. my mom has to be real careful. but oxycoton sucks. she used it for like a week and asked for codone again. BE CAREFUL. i dont remember the site but be really careful its like a level 3 or four addiction level
  4. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

I've been a bit worried about my mom taking it. I wish they would have prescribed her something else after her leg surgery. She gets so emotional and spacy when she has taken it.
  5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

Yes it is. It is basically a legal version of a street drug. I think Heroin. Most Pain killers are addictive. Use only as prescribed .
  6. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I’ve always heard that oxycodone is one of the most addictive, along with hydrocodone. It does probably depend somewhat on body chemistry, as my mother and I have both had to take hydrocodone at various points and we just didn’t react well. So it was unlikely we’d ever become addicted, but I’ve known a few people who did become addicted. It’s definitely not a good idea to take it for any longer than needed, I will say that.
  7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Senior Contributor

Very addictive and really easy to od on!

Your body thinks that you have built a tolerance but you body is just not processing it normally so you take more... then you die!
  8. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Senior Contributor

it is considered a pretty addictive drug, and it is often abused. A small misunderstood overdose will kill you.
  9. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

To the best of my knowledge it is very addictive and it varies between people. You could get addicted to it on the first try or on the first couple tries. Are you still doing them or did you finally stop using them?