An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Ketamine

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Sparkster, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Ketamine is another substance which has become popular on the streets of the UK in recent times, as part of the new(ish) wave of drugs that are coming into the country.

Ketamine is often used as a sedative for farm animals. However, humans have been consuming it. In October 2014, the BBC reported that the UK was going through a secret Ketamine epidemic. However, Ketamine should not be confused with M-CAT (Mephedrone) - they are not the same thing.

Ketamine is also often used in the production of Ecstasy tablets, resulting in the pills having lots of tiny specks or dots. K-bladder is a very serious symptom of Ketamine abuse. Find out more here: www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29811499
  2. Charles P.

Charles P. Community Advocate

Sparkster,
    That is great information. What resources do you use?

Charles P.
  3. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I actually know quite a lot of people who have experimented with such substances. Some of them still do even as adults, despite the fact that some of them are already dead and gone due to drug abuse. There has been somewhat of an epidemic of these types of substances in my area of the world, they are very popular and very easy to get hold of (and cheap). I actually started researching the side-effects and dangers of drugs about twenty years ago, mainly due to the fact I knew/know so many people who take them, and have been following and researching all the latest crazes in this area.