An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Loving an addict

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason Member

I love a meth addict.... I recently discovered the use and the other activities associates with the use. I was livid..... absolutely beside myself. I spent days reading and learning about the drug after finding the drug and some of the tools required for use. I didn't know what to do, walk away and deal with a broken heart or build the person holding my heart back up.
    I chose the fight. I was given an opportunity to use a couples gift to ask a few questions and I took it. Made my intentions very clear with the first question..... her injection spots. I saw them many times and the bruising was getting worse.
    She came clean with every thing I had suspected and the truth of her infidelity. I love this girl with everything and I know this could and most likely will be a rough journey. I have hope for a brighter future and many happy sober memories.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Mistydawn

Mistydawn Member

I'm going through pretty much the same thing , it has gotten to the point I have taken the rest room door off ,that's where he was smoking,found his pipe and broke it, I love my husband and want to help ,I have been clean 17 years.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Mistydawn... I replied to your post in another thread, so please look for that.

Love and light to you.
    Jason likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Member

How long have you been in this battle? Mine is just beginning and aside from finding the hiding spots and chasing what I think are lies I don't know where to begin. I love her with everything I am, I have never used any drugs other than pot. I am a novice at helping someone with this disease. I can't get my head around how someone so beautiful could be doing this to herself. Should I be more in charge or stand back while she struggles with this?