New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Made the first step two steps

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Snowcat, May 11, 2017.

1. Snowcat

Snowcat Member

Hello all, this morning I looked up a doctor for my addiction. Fill out all the paper work today, and start the suboxene plan tomorrow morning.
    I started abusing hydrocodone 1 year and a half ago. It started with half a 10/325 to a whole then to 2 them 2 and a half.
    I know some if not most will say that they took way more than what I have done. But i got scared. I began chasing the high. I began crushing and cold water extractions.
    6 month ago I recognized I have a problem.....but did nothing but take a pill becuase I recognized my problem. After that I made every excuse to take a pill. If I was happy took a pill, if I was sad I took a pill, I'm bored I took a pill. My favorite show is on I took a pill.
    Last night I had a dream about pills and I felt good. I woke up and that's when I knew....it and I needed to stop.
    I am proud of myself and ashamed all at once. But I will beat this
    You are your own worst enemy - Lisa Kleypas
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Snowcat... Welcome and thanks for sharing this terrific news with us. I'm super proud of you for taking the step you've taken. And it makes no difference how much hydrocodone you've been taking. The important thing is that you recognized that it had become problematic for you and you decided to do something about it. That's so awesome!

We're here to offer up help or support. Or just to listen if you need to vent. So please know you can come back here anytime and lean on us. In the meantime, I'm sending you lots of love, light, hope, and encouragement. Suboxone has helped so many people get clean, and I know it can help you, too.

One last thing: Please don't be ashamed. Addiction is a disease that affects millions and millions of people. You are not alone, my dear.
  3. Snowcat

Snowcat Member

Deanokat. Thank you for those kind words. I haven't told anybody except for the doctor. And I needed to tell someone. I can't tell my friends, family or my girlfriend whats going on, and it sucks. Thank you
    deanokat likes this.
  4. deanokat

@Snowcat... No problem. Anytime, my friend. Keep doing the next right thing.
  5. Snowcat

Snowcat Member

1 more hour till my appointment.
  6. deanokat

It's gonna be fine, @Snowcat. I will be sending you positive vibes, okay? :)
  7. Snowcat

Snowcat Member

Thank you
  8. Snowcat

Snowcat Member

Started my suboxene yesterday.....boy do i feel sick.
  9. deanokat

@Snowcat... Starting the suboxone is a huge step forward. I'm sorry you're feeling sick, but trust me: It will get better. Take things a day at a time, or even an hour or minute at a time. Drink lots of water and eat well. You can get through this. I know you can!