New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Messed up still

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Brokengirl, May 15, 2017.

1. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

Hi all, since last post in march I've been using every weekend but not in the week so a tiny step forward. It's like Friday arrives and my brain thinks great time to get wasted! I've been saving myself a couple of hundred every week so that's going in the right direction but just can't get over this last hurdle. I've thought about NA but I'm so scared of knowing someone I haven't made it through the door. I've got close a couple of times but bottle it at the last minute. So I'm here again asking for advice and support which as always is gratefully accepted.
    roseannepark likes this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Brokengirl... You're not using during the week, so that's definitely a step forward! Congrats on that! Even if it's a tiny step, remember: Even baby steps will eventually get you to where you want to go. It's about progress, not perfection.

As far as NA meetings... If you go through the door and see someone you know, so what. If they're there, they're there for the same reason you're there. Lots of people struggle with addiction and use NA to help themselves get well. It would just show you that you are not alone. But if you really have trouble with the in-person meeting, maybe try on online meeting first.

You can quit using on weekends, too. I know you can. It will come. Just set the goal and focus on it. And be willing to do the work necessary to get over that final hurdle.

Sending you positive vibes, hope, and encouragement. And love. Always love.
    Brokengirl likes this.
  3. KSalem

KSalem Member

Sounds like the right path!
    deanokat likes this.