An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My boyfriend stay in one place usinglês alchool

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Loved One' started by Drik14, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Drik14

Drik14 Member

My boyfriend stay in one house using álchool for days . He have 2 childrens and yesterday had court famíly for trying more visit days with then . And he miss this. I call the cops . Cops found him but no take him out this house. I going in this house with his mother and trying see or talk with him the owner this house álchoolic too no let me or his mother see him. He loose his phone days ago.this man say he no 8n here. But this no first time this happiness he sometimes say help me get out this house or he running out. One time I go take him this owner hold him. He take him for arms and say you no going. But this time he no let see him. He just say he no here. Im complet lost I cant sleep more or eat. I need something help.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Drik14... I'm sorry you're going through this with your boyfriend. Unfortunately, loving someone who struggles with an addiction is incredibly challenging. One thing you need to remember is this: You must take care of yourself first and foremost. If you allow yourself to become consumed by your boyfriend's addiction to alcohol, you will only cause yourself to be miserable. Al-Anon teaches: You didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. Your boyfriend is the only person who can decide to change himself.

You may want to find an Al-Anon meeting in your area and attend. I think it would help you to be around others who know exactly what you're going through and feeling. You may also have to make some tough decisions about your future. Unless your boyfriend is willing to get help and change, you may have to consider moving on.

We are here to help and support you any way we can.

Sending you positive vibes and big hugs of hope.
  3. Drik14

Drik14 Member

Thanks . I understand what you say for I moving on. But today me and his parents trying recue this man again. And trying send him for rehab. I cant just watching. Because no him say I wana die in here. Im wana stay in here and drink a lot. Because nobody cant see and talk to him. I think is important see and trying talk. Have on people lock him and block other peoples talk or see him.
  4. deanokat

@Drik14... I am keeping you and your boyfriend in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to get him the help he needs. Please let us know how things go. We truly care.
  5. Drik14

Drik14 Member

We rescue him. In now we told him about rehab. He no have options. Because his job say if him no found help he loose his job. And have visit all sunday with his childrens and if no go rehab no see then. I dont know if good options give him chooses. I think the best he say I need help. But if him still in this life he dont have options too he coming loose everything. I hope he make the best choose.
  6. deanokat

I will pray for all of you. I hope things work out.