New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My friend uses ecstasy twice a week

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Friend' started by Diana S., Feb 12, 2016.

1. Diana S.

Diana S. Member

My friend is really addicted to parties and all she talks about is this drug and I feel sorry for her cause she gets so depressed sometimes and I feel like this is really damaging for her health. She goes to law school but this year she messed up pretty bad, also she makes weird friends at parties, she is really beautiful and everyone tries to steal her attention, probably with drugs, so you know what happens from there. When I tell her she has a problem she says that she would finally give up popping pills but after 1-2 years (which represents the time she has left to finish law school).
  2. johnyork

johnyork Active Contributor

wow, I had a friend going through a similar phase, she must feel bad for some reason :/ My friend did this for 4-5 months and then had a bad experience and after that he never touched those pills. I really hope your friend doesn't need a bad experience though... Be supportive to your friend and good luck to you both
  3. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I think @Diana S. you should be persistent in persuading your friend to quit ecstasy; it is very obvious you care about her and you wouldn't want to lose her. Like you mentioned about her depression, it may lead her to harm sooner than you think.

If you could create a healthy get away or outing anytime she has parties, just to dissuade her from going to the place where her weakness is likely to be exposed; she could gradually become discouraged. Be constantly in her hair so that she can identify her real true friends.
  4. healey

healey Member

I was going to suggest something similar. If you could find her activities (particularly in the daytime- so she's less likely to want to go out to parties) would be a great idea. Maybe something outdoors, particularly a hike with a great view. Taking in the beautiful scenery while gaining natural natural endorphines from the hike would be a nice way to distract her from a party life. Have her take pictures, or take them and send them to her later, to remind her of the good times you have- and suggest to go again soon!
  5. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

The problem with Ecstasy is that it makes you feel unstoppable. It makes you feel happy, fun, and energized, until you have a bad experience or a bad "trip" so to speak. Definitely try to involve her in normal activities that don't require drugs. She mentions that she will stop when she gets done with school, but that's because she doesn't want to finish her "fun" now. All you can really do is be there for her. See if she'll tell you why she's resorting to drug use to make herself feel better. It's a temporary fix for a potentially permanent problem. Have her tell you why she uses. What part of it does she like the most? With the info that she gives you, see if you can find a way to persuade her to find that "fun" in other activities.
  6. Pamphleteer

Pamphleteer Member

Ecstasy takes away just as much as it gives. It drains your serotonin levels drastically when taken too often. So it's likely when she isn't using it she will be feeling especially miserable. Not only that, but a lot of ecstasy on the market is just meth being marketed as ecstasy. Hope she wises up!