New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Valium

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by AAngelo, Aug 15, 2015.

1. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

A friend of mine is bipolar and he is prescribed to take valiums. Has anyone experienced using it? Two of my friends took a tablet each and they went out when we were drinking. They only had a beer and were out.
  2. Mr.B

Mr.B Member

Valium is similiar to Xanax. That stuff will make you real drowsy and makes alot of people pass out. Probably people that arent supposed to be taking it lol. Mixing it with alchohol will make you blackout no doubt.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I am just familiar with Valium since I have read something about it online. I think that any drugs is dangerous to be mixed with alcohol. There could be a side effect whether a light one or fatal.
  4. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I have never heard of anyone taking valium for Bipolar Disorder. Most people I know with Bipolar Disorder are usually either prescribed lithium or antidepressants. I do, however, know heroin addicts who have used valium to counteract the withdrawal symptoms.
  5. singingintherain

singingintherain Community Champion

As others have said it is a very bad idea to take it while drinking. I have a friend who told me he has done this and I have tried warning him against it. Of course he doesn't listen to me though. My ex-boyfriend was also prescribed it as treatment for his anxiety. That would have been fine except he was an alcoholic. There was one instance where he took several Valium tablets and drank a significant amount. An ambulance was called and he spent a week in hospital. Not something I would recommend at all.
  6. Mzpeaceful1

Mzpeaceful1 Active Contributor

Valium is a benzodiazapine along with xanax, klonopin, ativan and librium. It is one of the longer acting benzos. Benzos are only meant for short term use. The body becomes extremely dependent on them very quickly in a very short period 0f time and they are very hard to withdraw off of. You can sometimes experience seizures even death if not properly tapered off of these medications if you have been on them for too long. They are usually prescribed for anxiety disorders. You must be very careful with this medication as it is very addictive and very dangerous to mix with alcohol or other medications. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist about drug interactions.