New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Worst Thing You Said While Drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Rainman, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Since alcohol makes people less inhibited the likelihood of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time is quite high. Most people if they remember or are reminded by others of what they said, are embarrassed, regret having done that but words once they are out of the mouth can't be taken back, can they?

Does anyone recall the worst things they said when drunk? Did anything that followed make you think about giving up alcohol for good?
    roseannepark likes this.
  2. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

One of my most embarrassing nights that involved things I said (rather than a blackout) was a former friend’s birthday party. It was great when I was tipsy (famous last words), we were laughing and joking and having fun, but I made the mistake of drinking just a little bit too much. When that would happen, I’d tend to get super depressive. So I ended up spilling my guts to anyone who would listen about how worthless I was and how I should just kill myself already, etc. Yeah, it kind of pinpointed that I had some serious problems... My one comfort was that I wasn’t even the biggest mess that night.
  3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I called a girl a whore once when I was drunk. It was halloween and she dressed up like a prostitute so I called her a whore. I think I got slapped for it.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think a lot of people will say a lot of things under the influence of alcohol, that they'll regret the morning after.

It doesn't help that they say the truth usually comes out when your drunk, you lose your inhibition's and sometimes that's not always a good thing.
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

There's that Latin phrase, "In vino veritas", which translates as "in wine, there is truth". Apparently, in those times, any councils and discussions had to take place whilst the participants were drinking, in order to get everyones true feelings on the matter.
  6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

I don't think I ever said something nasty when I was drunk, or I don't remember it. Anyway, I probably let a lot of truth out of me when I was drunk since I couldn't control what I was saying anymore.
    Happily, things turned out great and I didn't have to suffer too much from my drunken episodes.
  7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Community Champion

Honestly, I've seen alcoholics forget more of what they've said over remembering & regretting it. That is unless someone alerts them to the fact that they said things that were inappropriate. Thus is the benefit, one can muse, of black out drunkeness. I know I said a lot of things I likely wouldn't have said if I were sober but drinking as long as I did really made it a blur & it wasn't anything so bad that I lost relationships or anything like. I'm quite sure the bigger danger lived within the drinking itself. I would have lost people if I kept it up.
  8. 6up

6up Community Champion

I abused my neighbour calling her a witch! She nearly took me to court thanks to my uncle who talked to her to drop the case. I regret that up to today.
  9. Tryner

Tryner Member

I tried kissing my best friend, and when she refused I said, "But your lips are coated in heroin and I need my fix!" I don't remember saying that, nor have I ever done heroin.
  10. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Oh gosh, I said so many things that really make me feel so embarrased now if I evne think about it. I obviously can't share them with you here, because it's a public forum. But let's say I made such a fool of myself doing and saying crazy stupid shameful things in front a lot people once... I was high as a kite and drunk, not a good mix. I was still so young and strong, so the hangover next day was such a joke for me.
  11. Se7en

Se7en Active Contributor

Don't remember saying anything that I would regret, but definitely regret some things I've done while being drunk.
  12. panda

panda Member

I've never said anything too bad drunk, I think?
    I once went to class drunk in high school. I regret this so much because if my teacher had reported me, my life would be over right now.
  13. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I called everyone names when I was drunk. Gosh, I felt so horrible, but they all realized I was in a "dire" momentary situation and didn't really remember anything at all.
  14. MerMer21

MerMer21 Member

Lol..wow. Well I can't recall saying anything horrible while drunk but I do remember balling my eyes out in front of my friends. We all got super drunk on vacation one night and one thing led to another and they started fighting. Name calling, cursing each other out and just being so hateful. Well, I really wanted everyone to get a long and enjoy our vacation so I broke down and started crying. I locked myself in my bedroom and called one of my guy friends back home crying like a baby. LOL! He helped me calm down, and once I got off the phone I went into the bathroom and my eyes were blood shot red and I couldn't help but laugh at myself for being so sensitive!.. my friends kept banging on the door asking if I was okay but I could not face them. I was way too embarrassed lol. That's why I'm not a fan of getting super wasted.
  15. nebula

nebula Member

Actually, I once got extremely drunk and called my sister on the phone. I don't remember this but the next morning she called me and was so upset! She asked me if I remembered what I said but I didn't. To this day she won't tell me what I said to her that made her so mad the night before. I almost don't want to know!
  16. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

I've done/do many stupid things when I'm drunk, the most embarrassing is probably when I start ranting about my suck up life and show my scars to people as if I wanted attention, it's pathetic, but that's what I do in some causes.
    Also the last time I got drunk I was groping the tits of my friend, and then the other day when I was drunk, I was licking with one of my best friends and I bit her tongue, so fucking embarrasing. Once I went drunk on lessons and I slept for an hour, didn't know what was going on.
  17. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

I almost challenged an entire fraternity to a brawl when one of them tried to get too close to a female friend of mine. It was embarrassing because I was calling them perverts in very vulgar and profane ways when apparently, my female friend was into the guy. Luckily, I was close to their leader and things cooled down.
  18. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

That is funny and it does happen. I actually have not done this, that I remember. Lol, I did have someone years ago that I was dating say that I said "I love you." to him. We hadn't actually said this to each other and I did not remember having said that. We weren't there yet. Who knows what else I said.
    It wasn't the worst thing to say, but I wasn't in love with him so it was news to me.
  19. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I have never really said anything mean or nasty to anybody when I was drinking because I am just not like that. I have told people things that I normally wouldn't have told them.For example, a secret somebody told me and told me not to tell anybody. After too many drinks the lips got loose and you told it to somebody else,.only to regret it in the morning. I, also, ended up in a few intimate situations that I never would have if I was sober.
  20. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

A few years ago I was really drunk on my friend’s bathroom and I called my ex boyfriend, I just wanted to say hi to him and suddenly we started a conversation about our mistakes on that relationship and suddenly he told me that he cheated on me two times, it was my birthday and I had an emotional breakdown after that… it was not something that I said but I still regret that phone call.