An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

10 days

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by peachydust, Aug 15, 2018.

1. peachydust

peachydust Active Contributor

It’s gotten a little easier now that I’m 10 days sober. I keep hoping the cravings will subside completely and my nose will stop running. I can definitely breathe easier, but 15 years of cocaine abuse isn’t reversible.
    I just wanted to check in and say how grateful I am to be clean. It is freeing.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Congrats on your clean time! That truly is remarkable and I bet it does feel amazing! Keep recovery on the forefront of your mind, inspiring and motivating yourself to continue to be clean. And if you run into any intense cravings, we're here and you can reach out here anytime. Or find someone to reach out to in your community for accountability.

Again, very proud of you and happy for you!
    deanokat, peachydust and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I am so proud of you, you got this but you are correct 15 year's of drug abuse doesn't just go away however the next 15 year's can be so wonderful that it makes the past 15 year's a long forgotten memory.It does help to get thing's out our chest and it is a big help to have people to talk to so if you ever need to just vent or whatever the people of this community will be here for you. Stay Strong and God Bless.Again I am very proud of you
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    deanokat, peachydust and Dominica like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Nice going, @peachydust! Ten days is AWESOME! Keep doing the next right thing, one day at a time. I know you'll feel even better as time goes on. I'm proud of you for the progress you've made! :)
    True concern, peachydust and Dominica like this.