An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

10 months sober but relapsed yesterday

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by Natalie, May 18, 2016.

1. Natalie

Natalie Member

I've never used a site like this before or been to any kind of meeting besides the court ordered ones i had for my probation. I thought i was okay and could do it by myself but obviously i cant and as much as i hate to admit it i need help. The idea of going to group meetings terrifies me, opening up and sharing all my fears and struggles and just putting myself in a vulnerable situation isnt something ive ever been good at and so far my family and friends who are supposed to be my "support" have basically expected me to just act like my addiction never happened and anytime i try to talk with them if im having a bad day they get mad at me or almost offended that im still thinking about it and would even bring it up because "its been long enough i should be over it." so i guess mostly in a group im afraid of the same kind of rejection for admitting im still struggling. Does anyone have any advice on how to find a NA group. I want to be with people that are serious about their sobriety not just people that are there because they have to be. This relapse more than any other has made me realize I dont want to become the person i was again and i need people who have been in my situation and can help guide me so that doesnt happen. Today has been a pretty bad day so If anyone has any advice that'd be awesome.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Natalie... I left a comment on your post in another forum. Please look for it.