An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

132? I think.

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by peachydust, Dec 15, 2018.

1. peachydust

peachydust Active Contributor

August 5 to now is 132 unless I counter wrong. No drugs.

Just checking in with you guys. Sorry I disappeared for so long. New career is keeping me busy.

New life, really. After we got engaged he decided to buy a house. That was very, very stressful. I could barely breathe until we closed. I thought of coke no more than usual, which is surprisingly little for a long term addict.

The one thing I’m struggling with is my weight. I had such a great little body. I’ve put on about 15 pounds since I quit using. I’m trying to take it off, but I also used to have TONS of energy to workout with the drugs as well as barely eating. It scares me because I’m not happy with the way I look and my insecurities got me into the drugs in the first place.
    On the bright side, my fiancé loves me and tells me I’m beautiful every day. It helps me see some perspective.

I hope you’re all well.
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@peachydust hey there! so good to hear from you! and congrats on your clean time! that is fantastic and i'm proud of you!!

that's great about purchasing a home. what an exciting time...!!

i'm sorry you're struggling with weight issue and insecurity. i think most of us can relate to this.... i'm super glad to hear your fiance tells you how beautiful you are!! yay! good man right there!

i struggle with exercising consistently, esp. in the winter. i find doing yoga in the evening at home helps me. once i learned some poses, i even do them while watching a show or listening to music. just a thought... i got into the habit of it, and the helps. but healthy eating and exercise.... it's a balancing act, and sometimes i'm up and sometimes down.... so i do get it!!

be easy on yourself. you're doing GREAT!!!!!
    peachydust and True concern like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Wow, @peachydust! I'm so proud of you and the progress you've made! 132 days is AWESOME!!! And congrats on the new house, too. So much positive stuff happening in your life right now! :)

Try not to worry about your body and a few extra pounds. The important thing is that you are clean and sober. And your fiancé loves you just the way you are, too. I think our society puts way too much emphasis on weight and how our bodies look. Try not to fall into that trap.

I'm so happy for you. Keep doing the next right thing and keep in touch from time to time!
    peachydust, Dominica and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@peachydust I'm so proud of you,you're awesome and you know what the extra weight doesn't matter I'm sure he can't get enough of who you are period and 100lbs or 180lbs love is blind if it's real,love only see's real beauty and real beauty isnt measured in pound's
    peachydust, Dominica and deanokat like this.