An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

15/16 year old Story

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by smiffy96, Aug 26, 2018.

1. smiffy96

smiffy96 Member

Hi Everyone, I am new to this group and I thought I’d share my story to help people my age but also parents who are going through something similar.

I was 12 when someone in the park offered me some marijuana and as a 12 year old I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
    At 13 I began triathlon.
    Then at 15 I qualified to race for Great Britain age group in Ibiza. But that soon came to an end...
    It was hard for me to find the balance between social life, training, school and family. So every time I went out with my friends I wanted to do what they were doing and at parties my friends were taking MDMA, Cocaine and Marjuana.
    I first tried MDMA and loved the feeling so at the next party I tried some more and then I found myself doing it more and more often where it became everyday almost and I would consume at least 3 ecstasy pills each time. But as a young teen who does not work, I could not afford it anymore. Baring in mind I was still training for triathlon at this point. So not having any money to feed my addiction, I took up drug dealing. I would sell about £300 worth of MDMA a week and I would spend the profit purely on MDMA, Weed and Cocaine. Occasionally LSD and Ketamine. I loved the feeling of not being in reality and he high they gave me.
    After selling for a month or two, the secondary school I was at caught on what I was doing but couldn’t prove it, until the day I slipped up selling to the wrong person which got my caught and kicked out of school halfway almost half way through year 11, my GCSE year.
    Once I was kicked out of school, the police then caught on so I stopped selling and occasionally took the odd bit of MDMA. Whilst all this was going on, I broke my family apart with the police at the door all the time, I’d run off and they wouldn’t know where I’d be or even if I was safe.
    After 4 months of no school, I was sent to a PRS (Pupil Refferal School) where I studied really hard for the remaining time until my exams. My teachers there said I wouldn’t pass a single exam and that made me work even harder.
    So I got my results a few days ago and I got 6 C’s and 3 D’s and that goes to show that if you put the work in, anything is possible.
    If you are in a similar situation to what I was or you know someone who is going through something similar, the most important thing is to distance yourself from those around you that are doing it. That was the hardest thing for me as they were my friends but it’s the best way to leave the drugs circle.
    That is my story, I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions.
    deanokat, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@smiffy96 Thank you for sharing your story here. I hope that it will inspire and encourage others to stay away from those who are using drugs and not even try them when they're offered. I'm glad that you're doing better and that you are choosing to live a life drug free. That is truly the best way to go! Very proud of you!
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the community, @smiffy96. And thanks for sharing with us. I hope you've learned some valuable lessons from the things you did during your teenage years. Keep doing the next right thing!