An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

150mg Tramadol a day, will i get detox problems?

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Frendlered, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Frendlered

Frendlered Member

If anyone can offer some advice or help would be great please

I was on Tramadol and sleeping tablets for a long time, but stopped the sleeping tablets and came off of taking 400mg a day - it wasn't great and i don't want to go through that again - its for this reason that i am scared about my next step

I am just down to 150mg a day of Tramadol now, does anyone have experience of how difficult it will be?

I am pretty well trapped here in Indonesia at the moment and cant get home to the UK cause of CoronaVirus

Can anyone offer help, advice or possibility of one to one chat?
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I'm sorry but I don't have experience with tramadol other than taking it back in 2001-2003 to help with my opiate W/D & cravings , It did not help at all . & I was surprised to later learn just how many were hooked on Tramadol or (Ultram) as I called it , esp those in Eastern Europe & now here in the US .

BTW What sleeping drug did you come off of ? Oh GOOD JOB on that one . I wonder if it was Ambien cause 400 mg would be A-lot of that drug .

Anyway I do wish you well & hope you can get home asap , check back in if you want.
    Later Davers
  3. Frendlered

Frendlered Member

Hey, thanks for your reply, nice to know there's people who care out there, any idea if there are any special help/discussion groups for this, i have Googled it, but strange that i can't find much. If i get through this i must think about starting one.
    To be honest i was on any sleeping tablet i could get my hands on - coming off these made me twitchy and loss of sleep, at least I only have Tramadol to deal with now and at a reduced rate - but experience of doing this before scares me, although i am on a small dose unlike before
  4. Davers

I'm sorry but I don't have experience with tramadol other than taking it back in 2001-2003 to help with my opiate W/D & cravings , It did not help at all . & I was surprised to later learn just how many were hooked on Tramadol or (Ultram) as I called it , esp those in Eastern Europe & now here in the US .

BTW What sleeping drug did you come off of ? Oh GOOD JOB on that one . I wonder if it was Ambien cause 400 mg would be A-lot of that drug .

Anyway I do wish you well & hope you can get home asap , check back in if you want.
    Later Davers

Sorry for all the quotes , i'm having an issue with this site , or it's my settings ???

As for a group , I saw several Threads on Tramadol here on this site , there are just not as many as other opiates but they are here .

I asked what sleeping meds you were on cause they can be much harder on the body & mind to come off of than opiates and or Much more dangerous , especially Benzos , & Barbiturates & if you beat one of those in particular i'd 'think' coming off Tramadol should be easier .

I used to have Bad insomnia and would take anything I could as well from OTC sleep aids , to xanax & Alcohol but methadone fixed that ..BTW I would NEVER suggest u get on methadone unless you were selling yr body or yr veins were shot & or it was the last hope.

You Can Do This , fear is OK & natural , when yr mind is ready I suggest you give it a try & if you stumble ..try again.
    Best Wishes
  5. Frendlered

Frendlered Member

Yeah, i did take Xanax or other ones similar. It was really shitty stopping, sleep deprivation made everything worse with headaches and twitches.

I have got slowly better and better, at one time i was on 400gm of Tramadol and around 4 sleeping tablets a day, when i stopped this, i was really ill and ended up in hospital on a drip. I went from that gradually down to just 2-3 50mg tramadol a day which i am on now and quite honestly just get plain scared about stopping completely because of how ill i got before, but it has to be done. Its also getting dangerous to keep buying them, let alone the expense. Being here in Indonesia of course makes it all the more of a problem with strict laws etc

How are you now, are you over the worst or stopped completely?

You need to know that what you are doing, by simply replying to posts like mine has immense value and offers hope and moral support, i must try to do more of this in the future to give back
  6. Davers

Later Davers

Sorry for all the quotes , i'm having an issue with this site , or it's my settings ???

As for a group , I saw several Threads on Tramadol here on this site , there are just not as many as other opiates but they are here .

I asked what sleeping meds you were on cause they can be much harder on the body & mind to come off of than opiates and or Much more dangerous , especially Benzos , & Barbiturates & if you beat one of those in particular i'd 'think' coming off Tramadol should be easier .

I used to have Bad insomnia and would take anything I could as well from OTC sleep aids , to xanax & Alcohol but methadone fixed that ..BTW I would NEVER suggest u get on methadone unless you were selling yr body or yr veins were shot & or it was the last hope.

You Can Do This , fear is OK & natural , when yr mind is ready I suggest you give it a try & if you stumble ..try again.
    Best Wishes
    It's really my pleasure to reply & try to help people & let them know they are not alone in their predicaments.

It's really crazy , cause Tramadol was supposed to be a Non Narcotic or a low level one back 20 years ago , i'd go to the ER for 'say' 15 loratab & get mad & crumble up the script when the doc gave me tramadol .
    Now like I stated , I see just how addictive it is .

As for how I am , ......well . I still take Xanax & methadone everyday , So I'm so superman , i'm still dependent but I have 'some' discipline ..I like to think , cause I don't abuse my med's like I did Pain Pills & Alcohol.

So I'm still in the same boat as you are , I just get my stuff from a Dr, & not off the street as I did for soooo long.

I do hope ? to quit all this someday but I don't think I have it in me right now , I have not drank in almost 18 years so I got that .:rolleyes:

Like Bullwikckle on this site says , 'we need to find out why we think we need these substances ' for me it's depression & Anxiety , troubled youth etc '.

I have faith that if you can overcome as can I .

Be careful with the laws down there , hope they don't cut off yr hand if yr caught doing something wrong .
    Stay strong .