New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

23(hard) days clean

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Brokengirl, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

23 days clean and it’s not been easy. I find myself consumed by thoughts of cocaine every minute. An internal battle is going on in my mind. Get some. No dont. Back and fourth. I need a hobby or interest to occupy my mind. All ideas gratefully accepted.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Brokengirl... I am so incredibly proud of you for having 23 days clean, my dear. That's AMAZING!

I totally get the fact that you're constantly thinking about coke. Your body and brain are still getting used to being without it. They're confused. That's why you keep thinking about it. But you have to trust me when I tell you those thoughts will gradually lessen. A hobby, or just doing stuff to keep occupied, would definitely help you, I think. Is there anything you'd like to learn to do? What about physical exercise? Things like walking or riding a bike can be great because physical exercise boosts the body's serotonin level and helps your body experience pleasure. Being out in the sunshine can do that, too. So can getting a massage and simply remembering happy events.

Keep working hard. You're doing a great job. Maybe think about hitting a support group meeting, too. There is lots of help and comfort to be found there.

We're here for you. Always remember that. So don't hesitate to reach out, okay?
    Brokengirl likes this.
  3. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

@deanokat Thank you for your constant support and kind words. I suffer with Chronic back pain so exercise is out of the question. It limits a lot of my daily life. I can’t think of anything new to learn as yet. But I know I need a support group my ankle is almost healed so I will be able to get out and about. And a support group is top of the list. It’s a constant battle and I’m scared I won’t win this war inside me. I’m so glad I found this group it’s been a great help. I’m hoping to go NA Thursday so I’ll keep you posted. I hope I can find the courage to go in this time.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. deanokat

@Brokengirl... There are not enough words for me to tell you how proud I am of you. I am sending you boatloads of courage, my dear. Come Thursday I know you will be able to go to that meeting. And I know it will help you. Remember: It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave. :)
  5. deanokat

Hey, @Brokengirl... How are you? How are things going? Just want you to know that I'm thinking about you today and sending you lots of positive energy and love.
  6. JudiB

JudiB Member

Hey @Brokengirl, Congrats for such an achievement. How are you? Hope for the continuity of your long clean days. I know it's tough but not more than your determination.
    deanokat likes this.
  7. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

@deanokat well good news I made it to NA I didn’t find the courage to speak other than my name but listened to a few people’s experiences and it’s given me hope and encouragement for the future
    deanokat likes this.
  8. deanokat

Super proud of you, @Brokengirl!!! That's a wonderful things! Just keep taking steps in the right direction. Like I always say, even baby steps will eventually get you to where you want to be. :)

Keep doing the next right thing!