An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

28 days and counting

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by peachydust, Sep 2, 2018.

1. peachydust

peachydust Member

I’m really proud of myself for 28 days clean. Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mother’s death. And her birthday is September 15. I hate my job and I’m making no money.

But I stayed clean and that tastes better than any drug, and helps me feel a little better even though I miss my mom so much. Here’s to 28 more days!
    lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@peachydust congrats on 28 days ! that is wonderful! i'm sorry about the other things that could weigh you down, but keep your chin up and keep going... you're doing this!! and i'm so proud of you!
    peachydust likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@peachydust... 28 days is AWESOME!!! I'm super proud of you for hitting that milestone! Keep doing the next right thing and take things a day at a time. And know that we're here to help, support, and listen to you anytime you need us. I'm so glad you're here and a part of this community!
    peachydust likes this.
  4. Liola

Liola Active Contributor

WOW peachy dust! I am so proud of you. I just emailed you asking if you're still clean and telling you that if it weren't for you that i may not have any clean days cause your 3 days clean is what attracted me to the site!
    I am sorry you are grieving the loss of your mom. Losses are so hard and i don't think people in general give grief the weight and attention it deserves...it is a horrible thing to lose a loved one...even a dog...especially a mom which mine is still around at 92, but i lost my dad, brother, and dog all right after each other and relapsed so i am so proud of you and here for you any time.
    as far as a job and not making money...didn't you just move? so this is a new area for you? Can you explore other jobs? It might be important to even to stay clean (although no matter what as they say)...
    but to be clean and dread what you have to do isn't joy and takes away from all the good you have going on by being clean. I hope you can and aren't stuck.
    peachydust and deanokat like this.
  5. Liola

Liola Active Contributor

p.s...in case nobody else sees the email i sent to you...
    i have 10 days clean today!
    and am beginning my 2nd week of my 90/90 meetings.
    peachydust, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

Congrats on 10 days, @Liola! That's FABULOUS!!!!

Just keep going!!! :)
    peachydust and Dominica like this.
  7. Dominica

@Liola

Wow! That is truly remarkable! I am so proud of you! I hope that you are feeling good and that your spirits are high. How are the meetings going for you?

Thank you for the update and just wanted to know that I'm super happy that you're here sharing life with us in the Forum.
    peachydust and deanokat like this.
  8. Liola

Liola Active Contributor

Hi to my group here! I wanted to check in and see what's going on...i am 13 days clean today and have been doing my 90/90 and just simply been exhausted as hubby was away all week in a trial and i had to go from being spoiled doing nothing to 3 dog walks, all chores etc and it was good for me...i did it. And stayed clean, and reached out, and my support group which i am cherry picking quality is growing. I'm coming to!!!! Ain't all there yet but am buying into the whole disease acceptance this time...that is the main thing i am doing differently this go round. At least for today, right?
    love you all for being here.
    Tomorrow i'll go thru the threads and catch up on all of you and maybe any new people...nite!
    deanokat, Dominica and peachydust like this.
  9. Dominica

@Liola yay! so glad to see this update for you! congrats on 13 days clean! that truly is remarkable and i'm so proud of you! and that you had a good week taking care of you and things at home.... dog walks and chores...lol i'm sure the dogs appreciate you!! and your husband coming home to clean house ;)

good for you for reaching out to your supportive network and attending meetings....

you are doing this!! feels great, huh??

very proud of you and happy for you... one day at a time indeed!
    deanokat likes this.
  10. deanokat

Really proud of you, @Liola! Thirteen days clean (which I hope is now 16), taking care of responsibilities, doing your meetings, etc. All of these are awesome steps in the right direction! Just keep doing what you're doing, my friend! You're an inspiration to others here!