An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

2nd hand meth crack smoke

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Victim of crackheads, Jun 6, 2018.

1. I had a 4 month horrifying experience living on the 2nd floor in a 2 family home. This was Jan - April 2017. A 60 year old woman on the first floor was using crack and/or meth, and it was making me sick. Told landlord that there was the constant chemical vapor in the house, described as oven cleaner, sulfur, with a slightly sweet undertone at times. I observed her with huge pupils and am positive she was using and polluting the entire house. After two months that she moved in my chest/lungs and nostrils had a constant burning numbing sensation. I could smell her crack and cigarette fumes and stink coming out her windows in the yard. After 4 months of gagging and getting sick with no help from landlord or police that I called on her, I had to move out, not her. There needs to be some better laws against these disgusting and deadly drug users. Prior to this experience I was relatively healthy riding a bicycle or walking 10+ miles and mowing grass with push lawnmower. When I finally couldn't stand the disgusting pollution and fumes she was making, I also developed severe leg muscle pain upon limited exertion which I never had in my life. I have finally realized it's not going away and today had an ultrasound test for circulation problem in my legs. I now am waiting for results. If anyone out there or anyone you know smells odd chemical fumes or smoke living above another tenant, take it seriously and get out. I called police, they said they didn't smell anything, called landlord numerous times, he said he smelled what I described as oven cleaner with a sweet undertone but couldn't do anything without actually catching her red handed. This crack **** doesn't really have that much of a smell, it's more like fumes or vapors that you only notice the nasty effectswhen your in the atmosphere for maybe 6-8 hrs. This was the worst experience of my life and everyone except one close friend of mine was doubting me that this 60 year old lady was smoking cigarettes and mostly crack, 20 hours a day. All the windows open on 2nd floor could not get rid of her nasty fumes from her drugs. So if anyone has or knows someone experiencing what I've described here, you're not crazy, and get out of that atmosphere at any cost. I can't walk up a flight of a stairs anymore without burning leg muscle pain that I never had my whole life prior to this.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I must say that is some intense sh×t right there,i have no room to talk about the lady as i abused dope for longer than i care to admit..again but i have been sober for over 4 month's now and i spend alot of time running,today has been rough for me because i have a family member that will be getting out of jail soon and he plans on going straight to the dope man.That knowledge is enough to drive me crazy but i have noticed what you speak of,about 2 month's into being sober i would wake up in the middle of the night with my heart racing like i just smoked meth and your correct you can smell it,i had several confrontations with this person and naturally every time I would notice this between 1-3 a.m. he would deny it even though the living room was lit up like fourth of July with tweaker type bullsh×t and somehow he had the focus to work 6-7 cell phone's at once while building some madness out of whatever he finds from where ever he goes.Anyways i won't drag this on but i do hope that your test comes back good and nothing major is wrong.Take Care and God Bless
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Victim of crackheads so sorry you had to experience that and nothing could be done.... that's a shame. i do hope you start feeling better soon.
  4. No amount of drug "fumes" or "vapor" will cause the kinds of physical things you're talking about. The only thing that would noticeably effect you is the manufacturing of meth, and that smell would be so strong that police would've been called long before you started having issues.

If the police didn't smell anything, and she apparently smokes "20 hours a day", then it's hard to believe this is anything other than you convincing yourself this woman is doing drugs.

Your physical issues have nothing to do with any kind of second hand drug inhalation. I guarantee that. I've had several roommates and neighbors over the years of my drug use and not a single one had anything remotely close to what you're describing. Not to mention the fact that you never actually witnessed this lady using drugs. This is all speculation. And the fact that you called the police on her without knowing anything concrete is pretty messed up to be honest.