New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

30 years from 30 operations

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Daves59, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Daves59

Daves59 Member

Hi, thank you long 30 years on narco with some down time to recover organs
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Daves59 hey there. welcome. would like to know more about you... are you saying you're off narco now?
  3. Daves59

Daves59 Member

No, and thank you. It is really difficult to explain my somewhat madness lol. Im on them now 7.5/325 narc, but will never go above this strength. I will take a 2 week break from this med understanding long term probs. It will be an ongoing deal due to infections in the lower bone of my leg from 6 knee revision's and chronic ongoing nerve damage. Over the long years we have laid out a plan how to use this med wirh (respect) yes it is a VERY hard plan to stick with and we all have demond's that try to control you. Its the long year part with dr. Spouse an family an friends, church and prayer mostly☝do i have an addiction???? Maybe or had one before we put this plan together, but FOR ME it has worked for the last 15 years
  4. Daves59

Daves59 Member

Did this help Miss Dominica? Just trying to help others, there are plans we all can stick to and continue to take pain meds. Its how hard we discipline our selfs and have family and clean freinds for support. God bless
  5. Dominica

@Daves59 yes, that helps... i understand better. it's great you have a heart to help others...and that you can stick to your plan. also that you have a great support network!! :) blessings to you too!
  6. Daves59

Daves59 Member

Any thing i can do to help. Please let me know. This ongoing battle with tampering or altering to shoot snort on an on, will hurt everyone. It seems if anything someone comes up with to get stoned is so far WACKED OUT. More than ever. Im old school from the 70s ueah there were some bad junk on the road then, but" pot or ludes were the big thing. Now frappen BATH SALT??? Pods from laundry? An what ever else.i here now toads sap???! Wow! There seems to be a BIG DISCONNECT with families,after school program, church i really feel for this X Gen. I will keep e eryone in my thoughts and prayers. God bless
  7. Dominica

8. lsume

lsume Member

I’m going on 9 years soon from alcohol. I don’t have any of the most common stories I’ve heard in AA but I’ve generally been able to relate to most. I did get to a point of hiding my alcohol and I was definitely in denial about having a problem. The funny thing is when you read the questions about whether you might have a problem with alcohol, I generally scored 100% in the negative sense. I didn’t drink on the job and was never fired. I also didn’t drink every day. However, when I did drink, I drank way to much. It was a true miracle that I never got into a car wreck or got a dui. When I say miracle I’m talking about a real God given miracle. I excersised regularly and probably thought that I was in good physical shape but I was definitely lying to myself. I had quit for over 8 years and still never thought that I had a problem. When I started to drink again, I still was in denial. My brother was having the same problem so I decided to go with him after one of my binges. It was a small AA group who stayed with me for a good two hours. That was my first meeting. I wish I could say that I was clean after that first meeting but I was not. However, within about 3 months I was clean and I’ve been clean ever since. After reading some of the posts at this site, it’s caused me to revisit my bottom. I thank God for keeping me and I’m positive that without The Good Lord, I’d be right back where I was. I’ve not attended any meeting now for about 3 or 4 years but I have visited others in treatment on visitor days. I am strongly aware of the fact that it’s a one day at a time proposition. On occasion, I still think about how good an ice cold beer would taste with certain foods. At one time, I was drinking the non alcoholic beer. I do not suggest doing that. For me, that just led me back to abuse. Something that you will hear if you go to enough meetings is yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery and now is the present as in gift. I pray that I never have another drink. I don’t have a problem taking communion with real wine and I cook with wine. My wife keeps wine in the house and it doesn’t bother me. However, not everybody is the same as it regards the aforementioned. I’ve heard about a guy who was going to give the talk in celebration of his 33rd year of sobriety and showed up snot slinging drunk. Never take sobriety for granted is what I need to remember.
  9. Dominica

@Isume

Thank you so much for sharing. That's great that you've been in recovery so long and I love it that you are encouraging others. You've given some really great tips on how to keep sobriety. You mentioned that you relapsed after your first AA meeting . I think so many people get down because they relapse, and they give up. I think part of early recovery is relapsing, and then the practice of getting back up and starting again even if you relapse 10 or 20 times , but you keep getting up with the mindset that you're going to do this no matter what it takes! You'll eventually get it and have your last drink. It's a process and a progress and you get to learn valuable lessons along the way.

Sounds like you are in a good space in your life, and I'm grateful for that. Continue on in your recovery journey and again thank you for sharing here.
  10. lsume

lsume Member

Thank you.