An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

34 days and an update

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by peachydust, Sep 7, 2018.

1. peachydust

peachydust Active Contributor

I’m clean and I found a job! I only have 4 more shifts as a waitress and then I start my career! I don’t think it’s a coincidence that good things are happening to me now that I stopped using. Love you all!

-from the happiest peachydust there ever was
  2. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

peachy dust boy did i get your days wrong in the email i just sent....you go girl! 34 days?
    again i am so happy you didn't even just get a new job...a career starting...how amazing huh? put down the drug and life starts to give you the things that make living possible vs. isolating and thinking we are living with coke.
    i'm really proud of you...see there was a reason your "3 days" attracted me....i'm still so grateful you posted the way you did then and that i saw it. I honestly don't think i'd be here today if i hadn't read your post.
    i'm so glad to be clean and i'm off all those psychiatrist pills too! I wasn't depressed! Everyone is depressed when you are crashing from coke or probably any drug.
    It is no coincidence...they say there are no coincidences!
    True concern, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@peachydust congrats to you! that truly is amazing and i'm so happy for you!! i do think that good things come when we stand up for ourselves in the world (getting clean).... we attract better things and just feel better!!

glad you are starting your new career...i'm sure you'll do great!

and thank you for your presence here in the forum. we appreciate you and being able to share your journey with you. what a blessing to connect and be here for each other!!

enjoy your day peachydust!! <3
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  4. peachydust

peachydust Active Contributor

Thank you both, ladies!!

Liola, I’m so happy I could help in any small way. You are helping me too. Just hearing your story and that my 3 days helped you makes me not want to disappoint by looking back to the drug days.

Dominica, you’ve been so supportive and wonderful.

I think we are lucky that cocaine doesn’t have physiological withdrawal effects. It would make this much harder. The psychological side effect is definitely present and I do occasionally have a little craving, but I love how strong in mind I’m becoming by ignoring the ache and doing something positive instead.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Good things are happening for you, @peachydust! And I don't think it's a coincidence, either! I hope this new career is a great new beginning for you. You are doing wonderful things for yourself. Congrats on your 34+ days of sobriety! Just keep going!!! :)
    Lostboy8731 likes this.
  6. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Way to.go, congrats on this huge milestone in your recovery and on your new career. Hope things stay bright for you. Cheer
    deanokat likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Im proud of you ALL. Stay Strong and God Bless you All
    deanokat likes this.