An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

4 days without smoking ....

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jamesbonner, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

hi,
    Finally I decided to stop smoking and I didn't smoke since 4 days, I have a really bad headachs, my loungs produce a lot of phlegm, I'm really stresssed and I became really angry, I know that's nicotine effects, but I'll make sure that I can continue .... wish me good luck
  2. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

Just stick with it James The phlegm WILL go away! It is your body making new cells. Just stopping for a day is already giving you better health. You are getting headaches from not having nicotine, but you can drink some coffee or get a patch in the mean time. Try a clinic for a patch!
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Kudos to you :) I'm glad you are on your 5th day today! I hope you are still going strong, please keep us updated. I know that quitting cold turkey is not easy, but this decision is probably one of the best decision you will ever make in your entire life. Keep that up, and don't worry, it is said the cravings in the first weeks only last 10 minutes or so, so find something else when the cravings start!
    deanokat likes this.
  4. L_B

L_B Community Champion

You are doing great. It is going to take your body a little while to get use to the new change but it will be all worth it. Stick to it and never stop believing that you can do this! You will feel so much better once you are smoke free. Before you know it years will have passed and you will no longer feel the effects of those nasty cigarettes! Keep up the good work! You got this!!
    deanokat likes this.
  5. stariie

stariie Community Champion

Being smoke-free is so much better than being filled up with smoke. It's hard but oh-so-worth it. You should drink plenty of water so that you can feel energized and aid your body in the cleansing process.
    Good luck with sticking with your current smoke-free program, and :D:D to all the money you'll be saving (!!) now that you're not spending it on that nicotine.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Jamesbonner

I been drinking the coffee as you said and I feel much better ! thank you for the idea, I'll continue because I really need to be in good health !
  7. Jamesbonner

yeah I'm in the 5th day and I feel better a little bit, today I've decided to go and run a little bit so I can remove the toxics from my body :)
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Jamesbonner

thank you for your support bro, the only problem I'm facing right now is my smoker friends, they all smoke and I start avoiding them so I avoid all chances that makes me smoke again, wish me good luck
    L_B likes this.
  9. Jamesbonner

lol yeah for now I'm using the smoking money to buy some healthy good that will be good for me, I'm drinking a lot of water and practicing a lot of sport to get all the toxics out of my body :) thank you for your support dude
    deanokat likes this.
  10. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Jamesbonner... It's fabulous that you've decided to quit smoking! It's such a nasty, unhealthy habit. Keep drinking a bunch of water and take things a day at a time. Or an hour or a minute at a time if you have to. You can do this. You're already through the hardest part!!! As an ex-smoker, I can assure you that this is one of the BEST things you will ever do for yourself!

You got this, bro. We're here to help and support you any way we can.
  11. Jamesbonner

thank you so much bro for your support and your advices, I really was in need of that support :) please pray for me :)
  12. deanokat

@Jamesbonner... Praying for you!

Just keep going!
  13. Jamesbonner

I deeply thank you :) for now I really need a cigarette that's why I prefered to stay at home so I don't go out and buy cigarettes lol it becomes harder
  14. deanokat

@Jamesbonner... Take a shower! Seriously! When I was quitting, anytime I was home and wanted to smoke I would hop in the shower for 5 minutes. It worked!
  15. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Good luck! :D
    Great to know that and keep it up. You will eventually get rid of those discomforts and feel better for that right choice and decision. Hope you will have lots of motivation to continue the journey for better health.
    deanokat likes this.
  16. Jamesbonner

Gonna try this for sure right now ! I never though about that before ! thank you !

right now I have enough motivation and that what keeps me doing good so far :) thank you for the support dude
    deanokat likes this.
  17. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I am reading this and feeling very happy for the fine effort you are making and all the wonderful advice you are getting. I can't say I know what it feels like to be your position, but from where I sit, it feels good watching you progress. Press on and I hope this gets easier with time.
    deanokat likes this.
  18. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Smoking is one of the hardest addiction to tackle, so making a decision to stop smoking and your achievement staying away from cigarettes is truly inspirational, and proves that it's possible to do it.

So, yes! Keep motivation up :)
    deanokat likes this.
  19. Jamesbonner

thank you bro, that's all what we need here in the forum, support is everything that keep us moving on and stop our addiction :) thank you
    deanokat likes this.
  20. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Good luck! I hope it's still going well. You can do it, I have faith in you.
    deanokat likes this.