An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

7 years later and ready to leave. HELP!

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by amillie412, Sep 16, 2019.

1. amillie412

amillie412 Senior Contributor

well thank you i think i might. my brother has gone through the same journey as me and he swares by his sessions with his therapist. he has a lot of anxiety as do i so someone like that i think would be good for me.
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam Zapping Super Moderator & Realist Community Listener

It seems so slow going while you are going through it, but just keep reminding yourself that this will pass. You'll be on the other side in no time.

When you are so low from withdrawl you will feel it when you are past the worst usally about 4 or 5 days for the peak and you'll be on the way back up.

You could try taking some Turmeric supplements they are great for pain and inflammation and is natural also Gaba supplements for anxiety will also help with the restlessness and promote sleep. Sending good healing vibes your way!
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  3. amillie412

i think i might go try one of your suggestions. the worst part at the moment are my arms. they tingle pretty bad when i lay down for bed so it is really hard to get comfortable. last night i tried a heating pad on them and it seemed to calm it down. other than that just hot and cold sweats is all i am dealing with. very manageable. i'm taking in all your healing vibes i appreciate it.
  4. Onceaddicted77

I think it could help, during withdraw our neurons are hyperactive and Gaba will help put the brakes on them a bit to help some restlessness and anxiety.

I was lucky enough to have a drug called Gabapentin it requires a script it's a (Gaba Analog) during my withdrawl and I didnt lose a night of sleep.

But they do make Gaba supplements that are natural and you can get at like walmart or I get mine at a health food store.

I take nothing but supplements and vitamins now and have never felt better. :)
    amillie412 and Joshstillclean like this.
  5. amillie412

ya i went through the ringer this weekend. sweating..not sleeping..aches..awful. it was hell. i totally forgot to stop and look for the things you suggested. im gonna have to do that after work. the symptoms are lessening thank god but not gone yet.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

That's great your over the worst you only have one way to go now. Up! :)
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  7. amillie412

yup!! slept much better last night that i have all week. i am not profusely sweating this morning. my head is getting clear..i feel 10 pounds lighter. its such an awkward feeling though. went from heroin to methadone and its been over 10 years since i woke up with natural energy. its strange haha.
  8. Onceaddicted77

Yay! so glad you feel better today. Thanks for updating us on your progress so happy for you. :D
  9. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I'm so happy to hear you are doing well. It is just getting better from here. I'm glad to hear you are sleeping as that is the worst of you can't sleep. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
  10. True concern

True concern Community Champion

But amazing
  11. Onceaddicted77

It takes a while to train your brain and body to just get up and go without the need to have a pill in the morning but it feels so good for the accomplishment.
  12. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

i still wake up and feel like i need something. then i realize that i dont and feel relief. just so ingrained in me to think like that. hopefully that will pass.
    (i do take what little i have to for my kidneys but other than that nothing)
    but a lot of times when i first detoxed i would have dreams where i was using and they felt so real. eventually they turned to nightmares where i would dream that i had used, and those scared the heck out of me- until i realized they were just dreams.
    i dont dream about it much anymore that has finally passed. that was a big milestone for me when i stopped having dreams nightly.
    all that to say i guess that every single day gets better than the last. i am so glad to have gotten sober and so glad that you are too @amillie412
    you i noticed are working through your detox also, props to you for that! you are truly a strong person. i admire that.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  13. amillie412

sooo had trouble sleeping last night. my arms were tingling so it was hard to get comfy and my mind just would not shut off. so i think i fell asleep around 2 or so. i notice that the ceiling fan in my room makes my body aches worse. when i turn if off so the cool arm doesnt hit my arms it stops the tingling a bit. i believe we call the feeling crawling out of our skin lol. no worries though. today is day 10 since my last dose. yay:)
  14. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Your doing fantastic, it takes amazing strength and courage to do what your doing and I am so incredibly proud of you
    amillie412 and Joshstillclean like this.
  15. Onceaddicted77

Wow 10 days already! That's so awesome, its Probably Post acute withdrawl syndrome, it would hit me every once in a while for a day or 2 but goes away quick and you wake up feeling great again.

Sending some healing your way! So glad you came here to share your progress with us. :)
  16. Joshstillclean

10 days! You've actually done it! Im,so happy your here. A lot of people come here and start, get weak, can't handle it and they leave.
    Your success is a breath of fresh air to us who are regular here. Thank you.
    And im sure you are thanking yourself too!
    Enjoy your little girl- you guys deserve it!
  17. amillie412

thank you!!!!
  18. amillie412

thank you
  19. amillie412

thanks. actually slept last night. felt so good lol. still not feeling 100 but much better than say 5 days ago.
  20. Joshstillclean

im gald- and 5 days from now today will feel like a bad dream. keep your head up you are doing great!
    True concern likes this.