An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A bit of my truth

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Jun 8, 2019.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I don’t think @True concern has a phone. Or did I dream that? o_O
    cheffy and Dominica like this.
  2. deanokat

I don’t think we should forget our past, but I don’t think we should dwell on it, either. I like to look back on my past to see how far I’ve come...not to remember how bad things were. That might sound wack, but that’s how I look at it.
  3. deanokat

I’m sorry about this new health issue, Arthur. You have had more than your share of hurdles. But I truly admire your courage and determination. I believe you will get over this hurdle, too. Are there any meds the doctors can prescribe to help with the neuropathy? Or any kind of physical therapy that might help? Just wondering. I’m praying for you, buddy. Hard.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

No phone my friend
    deanokat likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

I will find out in the middle of next week as I have another appt,it's hard for me because well why does it have to be my dominant hand, I don't want the problem period but I think if I still had usr of my "Typing" hand I could accept this hurdle a little easier
    deanokat likes this.
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

No I personally don't have a phone but I do use my brothers to come on the site,he's a very good brother and I appreciate him letting me use his phone to come here
    deanokat likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

It may very well get to that point but I'm going to fight it until I can't anymore
  8. deanokat

Same! :p
  9. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

I agree - happy with or without me is exactly right, and unconditionally. And above all I think my wife's understanding and forgiving are just about the nicest things she can do for me. I encourage my wife to travel to places and do other kinds of things with her friends that I can't do. I encourage her because I don't want to hold her back. It does hurt sometimes when she and my kids go to places I can't go - backpacking in Grand Tetons Nat Park was the latest. Twenty years ago I would have been right there, ready to go. With the combination of the meds I'm on and the surgeries I've had, I would just be sitting there in a campsite all day, every day for two weeks. I do cherish my time alone too though. Gives me a chance to take a step back and look at the world, and do some thinking. But two weeks is kind of a long time to be without human contact.
    deanokat likes this.
  10. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

I hope you get it figured out brother and it's nothing too serious.
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  11. Onceaddicted77

I feel you all the way.
  12. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern there are a couple of things you can take for neuropathy. I hope you get that figured out soon. I'm from CA living in PA. I've lived in many states. Idaho, Hawaii, S Carolina, Louisiana, but I've been here for over 30 years.
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

I do hope to figure it out sooner than later,I never realized or even considered how sad I maybe if I can't type anymore but it has indeed become very important for me and I want to be able to respond to the new members,I just can't type in length which means I can't truly speak from my heart so ya it makes me sad.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  14. Onceaddicted77

@True concern How are you doing brother.
    cheffy, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

Thank you for asking,I am doing ok,I haven't been sleeping well at all however but I know as a person removes substances it does throw the sleep cycle into mass confusion so slowly I decrease thus,that,and the other...so to speak and my sleep is paying a price for it but I know it's worth the achievement I'm after,as for my arm and hand....Still completely numb as far as the flesh but starting to have fairly intense pain in like ligaments and bones.Its very odd to be partially numb partially in pain but I'm staying positive, forward looking only
  16. Onceaddicted77

Awesome to hear your tapering man sounds like your on the way. Totally brother I hate the no sleeping or interrupted sleep ****. I used to be able to sleep in and now I cant sleep past 5am now lol. I remember on my taper I would wake up at 3am every other night almost, I would have to get up and hit my best Indica concentrate to go back to sleep.
    The cannabis helped me a bunch through it and it still does with the depression and stress. From what I read it's a pretty good regulator of serotonin. Sorry to hear about your hand man hopefully it's something you can get corrected.
    deanokat, cheffy and Dominica like this.
  17. True concern

True concern Moderator

I been through the indica treatment my brother, I'm in the middle of OVERCOME IT ALL,I don't judge smoke that herb but for me, it's in my heart and soul brother I am rounding a corner my man and my heart is my drug,it however does not judg it simply see's, understands,and believes in humanity, nothing more nothing less
  18. Onceaddicted77

Hell yea man sounds like you got it figured out. I can feel your conviction, it can be a beautiful thing when ones mind is focused.
    I too believe in Humanity we know how to overcome, it comes from within.
    deanokat, cheffy, Dominica and 2 others like this.
  19. True concern

True concern Moderator

I see it a bit deeper but yes humanity supplies the fuel that feeds the compassion, that heals the world
  20. Onceaddicted77

True that. love feeds compassion and hate feeds cruelty one without the other would render the other unrecognizable. Everything in life is about balance and everything in the universe runs on it. Everything has a opposite to keep it in balance we must appreciate that everything has meaning and love it for what it is. We have to experience pain so we can understand pleasure. Sorry for rambling lol

Unfortunately usually the people who love the most are usually the ones who hurt the worst.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019