An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A glass a day

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by peetbernadis, Apr 16, 2016.

1. integrity101

integrity101 Active Contributor

In my personal philosophy, if you've suffered any form of addiction before stay away from all types of liquor. A single glass of wine will eventually lead to two, three, and four more. Once your mind and body system gets a taste of liquor it will crave for more and eventually lead you back to addiction. However, if you can handle alcohol comfortably without the urge to keep on drinking, then a glass of wine at the end of the day is perfectly fine. But not for me.
  2. lost247

lost247 Active Contributor

I enjoy a glass of red wine from time to time, sometimes with a nice rare steak (i feel it actually helps with digestion) and don't see an issue with one glass.

that said....we're addicts lol if the mindset strikes us we can abuse anything that helps us fill a hole, be it alcohol, soda, baked goods, gambling, nasal spray, anything. the key to avoiding this is to face and fill the hole to start with. many of us experience addiction because we're missing something, we lost something, or we feel like we need something we can't have. most of us find, in recovery, that we used to mask or fill some flaw we have or had. when we face that reality, and move forward, the likelihood of active addiction returning is significantly reduced.

love and light to you all!
    deanokat likes this.