An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A great story of an ex-addict

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by awesomeaniruddh, Feb 6, 2015.

1. awesomeaniruddh

awesomeaniruddh Active Contributor

Hey Guys,

I found this great story about a guy who formerly smoked pot, but eventually stopped.

Here's an excerpt:

Read the full thing at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves/comments/2uyb2v/it_wears_off/

If you have any friends who are addicted, please share this with them!

Thanks,
    Aniruddh
  2. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

Oh wow... how touching! Thanks for sharing this, I will surely pass it on! I just hope that some of the people I'm thinking of passing it on to actually use it as a wake up call! When it comes to being sober and living a substance free life honestly the desire has to come from deep within the individual!
  3. awesomeaniruddh

Ah, I SO agree.
    For some people, the desire comes up before they completely destroy their lives, the individual whose story I shared. Others have already given their lives to drugs and never come back.

The biggest problem is that kids think its cool to take drugs. It's this perception that is inducting a lot of members to drug club.
    elles-belles likes this.
  4. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

You are very right, I find that in the environment that I am in..kids go to drugs for comfort and out of boredom! I am always advocating for the community to implement a lot more stimulating activities for the kids that shows them a beautiful yet fun side of life without drugs but with parents and other relatives in some cases already hooked on all sorts of substances, it gets so tough to introduce a kid to any other lifestyle. This always honestly breaks my heart.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Very cool story. I mean, most people that I know smoke weed a lot, but never to a point that it has negative effects on their lives -- they still do things, and when they're stoned their food tastes better and they enjoy music even more.

People should really be on the lookout for the moment when anything changes from positive to negative-- drugs are obvious, so is alcohol, but also any relationship and job, etc.
  6. RingoBerry

RingoBerry Senior Contributor

Indeed a very good story. A person who really wants to recover always has to find it in himself to make the first move by realizing the cost of his addiction. Support from others is just the extra momentum he needs to speed up his recovery.
  7. awesomeaniruddh

So true. You can get all the support you need from your relatives and friends, but if that feeling is not there within you, nobody can do anything. You must experience the difference yourself, and have that fire within you if you really wanna get rid of the addiction for good. It's a good thing we have this awesome forum where we can help the addicts lose their addiction :)
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Truly a great story. It will definitely inspire and touch others' lives. :)
  9. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Yet another great testimony. The thing is to be able to reach those who seem to be convinced that this particular drug is harmless. Time and time again I am forced to listen to those who believe that this drug has far more benefits than harmful effects.

I guess we can't give up. I won't.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  10. awesomeaniruddh

I agree Winterybella.
    While these drugs might have their benefits, in the end the harmful effects weigh out the benefits. The problem is that the benefits are easily recognisable while the harmful effects slowly spread like a cancer and we become aware of them only when it is too late ... or never at all.
  11. irishrose

irishrose Community Champion

What a great post! It will hopefully be inspirational to others who use marijuana in order to get them to consider quitting marijuana. Hearing about the success of others can be motivation to change. Glad to hear of a successful quitting story!
  12. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Thank you for sharing this with us. I will surely pass it on and let others read it. It is a story of inspiration and I am sure it will help many people.