An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A little quote that always helps me

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by trueknowledge, Mar 3, 2015.

1. trueknowledge

trueknowledge Active Contributor

Even though I don't know where the quote originates from, this quote always makes me feel like I'm doing things right. I found a picture of this quote on an image shared on Facebook, and I wrote it down right away and now it's one of those quotes I read whenever I feel like I need it. Here it is.

"What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."

It always helps me know that even though I'm not doing something perfectly how I want it to, I'm still improving on it, and it always helps me notice my progress.
  2. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

That quote simply means that you are what you think. Much of the worries we suffer from are the result of our own choices. As Haruki Murakami would have said: “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Good to read nice and inspiring quotes in here. :)
    Right that what we think of ourselves becomes our reality and better to think what could be the best or good for us.
  4. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

Our minds are a powerful thing in both a negative and positive way. It's not always our ally, especially when we overthink things or think about what's wrong rather than what's right. I like the quote, too, although I haven't heard it until now, so I can't help you figure out where it comes from.
  5. thomas carty

thomas carty Member

Although this quote is simple the power in the words are strong. It sounds like a quote that would come from Tony Robbins, but I do not think that it is him though. The words in it are really encouraging. Thank you for sharing it with the forum.