An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A Pregnant Lyric McHenry Died of Apparent Overdose

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by RecoveringLife1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. RecoveringLife1

RecoveringLife1 Senior Contributor

Are we still going to ignore the fact that drug use is becoming worse by the year? This is a devastating story. Not only did a celebrity die, but her unborn child as well??? I don't know much about her, but I've seen her before. Does anyone else know her? Did she announce she was pregnant before her death? If so, her dealer is a cold blooded monster and needs to go to jail for the death of two lives. This is not cool at all
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@RecoveringLife1 Hey there. I'm not sure who that person is, but it is definitely is a shame hearing about her death. I really feel for her family and friends at this time. Drug use is stealing the lives of many people around the world, and it truly is a shame.
    True concern and RecoveringLife1 like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Many people are ignoring the fact that drug use is a growing epidemic, many don't realize how it will at some point affect their lives either directly or indirectly and then there are those who get rich off such a thing,i won't elaborate to much on them but I could write a book about it.It is unfortunate about this person losing their life as well as the unborn child and indeed the person responsible for supplying the narcotics should be held accountable unfortunately in most case's involving celebrities they often time's have personal Dr's with them at all time's and in many case's those Dr's are the suppliers which complicates thing's. Last night in New Haven Connecticut 70 people overdosed on synthetic marijuana known as K-2.This alone is a big red flag but the smoke shop where it was bought has more than likely sold many more packages and the distribution center where it originated is bound to have shipped hundreds of order's to possibly hundreds of buyer's so now society is about to get swept with a K-2 overdose crisis and the first incident started last night with all 70 people showing symptoms similar to opiate overdose however narcan was ineffective. The threat is real and growing at a scary rate.I pray for all effected and hope we as a society learn to make better choices before it's to late,We are human,far from perfect but we must try with everything we've got to change the direction we are currently going.Stay Strong and God Bless
  4. RecoveringLife1

When I read the article, there was no mention of prescribed medication. It was said cocaine was found next to her body
  5. True concern

I wonder what the toxicology report says,the reason for my curiosity is cocaine is now being infused with fentanyl ,so now a coke addiction also turns into an opiate addiction as well but if the person didn't know that and did there average size line of coke it very well could OD them
  6. RecoveringLife1

Speaking of fentanyl, Demi Lovato took some oxycontin that was laced with some. When I was going to school back in 2014, a girl got mad that I mentioned it. That's when I first heard about it being 50 times more potent than heroin and 100 times more potent than morphine. A classmate that was already in the medical field was talking about a medication that was really dangerous and I was just sharing what I know about this one
    Dominica likes this.
  7. True concern

Wow oxycontin laced with fentanyl. ...that's a recipe for disaster as either one alone could kill a person on it's own
  8. RecoveringLife1

Same thing happened to Prince. He would put prescribed medications in over the counter pills to hide his addiction and I'm thinking he got confused and took the wrong one
    Dominica and True concern like this.