An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

A quote to reflect on

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by trevermorgana, Apr 28, 2015.

1. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

Yes I've mentioned this quote to a lot of people in the hopes that it would shed some light in their situations like it did with me.

Well the movie itself didn't go as wide as I thought but Joaquin Phoenix infamously acted crazy for about a year, growing a beard, claiming he would be a rap singer, all that was done for the film which is a mockumentary about that "character" he pretended to be for a while. The film is so-so but the big impact is near the end when the speech the quote is taken from is given and it sort of makes you reflect on several events in the film in a different light and the message appears before you.
  2. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Such a brilliant quote - one of my all time favorites!

The power of words is incredible at times, I think. Really does make you reflect, and think about the way you approach things in life.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

This is an interesting one. A drop of water on a mountain top. Maybe we are the reflection of light in that water and are more radiant than the light itself. Reflection, we are all mirrors, reflecting light from within. Everything is here. Heaven and hell. It's not up there or down there. It's here and what we see.