An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

About 64 or so days...

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by peachydust, Oct 13, 2018.

1. peachydust

peachydust Active Contributor

I lost count, but I stopped using August 5th so I’m over the two month mark. I just wanted a quick check in and to see how everyone else is doing?

Since my last post, I’m starting to really do well at my new job and my boyfriend proposed. So, I’m an engaged woman now. I’m so happy that I quit using before all of thus so I truly feel like a new person with a new and positive outlook on life. I wish the best to you all!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@peachydust I am so incredibly proud of you and congrats on the engagement, just a suggestion out of concern.It is in your best interest to get a full year sober before actually getting married, reason being the pressure could push you over the edge getting married so early in recovery however the choice is yours I just care and really want the rest of your life to be happy and amazing so again congrats and Stay Strong my friend and God Bless you both
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

Congrats Peachydust...
    I can't tell you how glad I am you checked in.
    Honey marriage is tough work! I can't advise you on what to do but I am proud of you. I will tell you that my husband is so supportive in his way...but not in ways I need him to be most of the time. I wish I could learn to just get that support and only need the support from the right group like my NA group but for some reason I look for his too. He doesn't have the tools or experience of being an addict or working a program to handle my emotional swings and struggles I'm experiencing in this very long detox period or readjustment to living life on life's terms clean. I have good moments but few so far. He is a great soul and loves me dearly but I need a different kind of support he can't give me now and I need space. But I don't have the space. I do have my peeps that I can go to for support and do but we fight a lot and it is constant work on the relationship since I am clean. We fought before (every marriage and relationship takes work once you are past the pink cloud of it all) but before I didn't care that we would fight. Now I do care. And it is an extra stress on my getting and staying clean and doing the basics that I can't afford to get away from like taking care of myself with a meeting, with reaching out etc. to be happy in being clean. I didn't get off drugs to be miserable. I want the inner peace and freedom.
    There is a reason they say no relationships for a year. I didn't have that choice as I am already married. I am lucky I haven't lost him. So many do even after getting clean. You are lucky too. I'd consider staying engaged for the first year you have clean and look forward instead to building a foundation of time so that your eventual marriage will last a lifetime.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I can concur,I fight and struggle mightily to remain sober and focused,I lost my wife and best friend, I too need a different type of support and though I live in the city I can't make many meetings...(Financial reasons)however I can say honestly and whole heartedly that this site and the beautiful soul's who work it have in fact gave me hope,love,compassion,understanding, and at time's I have received correction of my own self pity and "how it work's "delusions.Yes face to face interaction is best in recovery but if that's not possible for whatever reason....here on this site you can find people who deliver the motivation and direction towards a better life.With all my heart this site has helped me achieve more sober time than I have ever had in my life and I could never thank you all enough
    deanokat likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Glad to hear you're doing so well, @peachydust! And congratulations on our engagement! That's exciting news!!!

Keep doing the next right thing, my friend!
    True concern likes this.