An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Adderall for Study Aides

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Megalinoxo, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Wiex

Wiex Member

I dont know very much of them but just some:)
  2. westmixxin

westmixxin Active Contributor

It can be ah nice study aid if your not overdosing. The problem is most people love to overdose and take to much causing them to behave unnaturally.
  3. Janie

Janie Active Contributor

Something about this bothers me beyond just the abuse of drugs. To me, this is similar to steroids, and using a drug to unfairly enhance your performance. Maybe at some schools it doesn't matter, but at others, your grades and marks can be very important in helping you get into a graduate school, or get a scholarship. Using an attention enhancer is almost not fair, as suddenly you are gaining an advantage over other students who are trying to do everything the "natural" way.
  4. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I completely agree with this. This is how most people end up getting addicted to Adderall and Ritalin.
  5. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

My college campus is full of kids who take it all of the time, especially around midterms and finals time or when they have a big paper to write or a big exam happening the next day. They don't care that it's a drug or that it can be addictive, they just think that it's the only way that they are ever going to be able to get all of the work done that they're assigned.
  6. People that I know that have used Adderall for studying did so mostly because they procrastinated their work and were too busy partying or hanging out. I would say that really brings for a bad combination, considering they don't initially have the discipline to try and get their work done in the first place, I don't imagine they will have an easy time with the addictive properties of the drug they are taking. It's a very slippery slope for those I know who have done it. If some of these kids could have gotten themselves on a more regular study schedule I don't think they would have turned to it so easily, but they had a predisposition to partying over studying.
  7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

It's very easy to go for the easy way out, meaning taking drugs, the hard part is to do it without them, so I am against the use of this even if it's as a study aid.
  8. JohnBrock

JohnBrock Active Contributor

In general address usage is on the rise, probably because it's easily obtainable today, most people know someone who have had it prescribed medicinally, and from who they can buy it. It's certainly efficient in helping people study, but it doesn't weight up for the potential side effects as far as I've read..
  9. Gelsemium

It scares me that so much of it is prescribed to kids, that's the society we live in. More, adults using it doesn't make much sense either, what happened to the natural way of living?
  10. timelord731

timelord731 Senior Contributor

I really haven't ever heard that Adderall is a "safe drug". I think because it is a prescription drug is one of the reasons it is so dangerous.
  11. Gelsemium

There are no safe drugs, that is a misconception. Studies are made sure, they are proven "safe", but how long do those studies last? A couple of years? What about using those drugs for decades? Some effects are only known after some years...