An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Adderall Recovery

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by 333, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 333

333 Member

Going through college was a stressful time for me, so stressful that I chose to use Adderall to give me an advantage. It was absolutely amazing the first few months, but when college was done, I stopped taking it and my brain was literally mush. I could not process anything at all, I was a pure vegetable. After changing my life around, which included a healthy diet, exercising, and new classes, my brain is slowly coming back to what it was. Thats my story, but Im still on the road to recovery. Thanks for the support, it helps :)
  2. Apollo545

Apollo545 Active Contributor

I am glad to hear that you are getting off! Stimulants can be very enticing because the boost in productivity and clarity of thought when you are on them, but when that high wears off, as you said, it can make you feel like you can't function without the stuff. Keep up the good work and keep us posted! I am rooting for you!
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hello there, @333! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story to us here. It's great to hear that you're feeling much better now. Just always stay focused, and keep yourself motivated. I believe you will achieve full recovery in time as long as you have got the right mindset. All the best! :)
  4. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

So glad to read you are doing well, I had my own problem with this kind of pills (I never really got hooked on Adderall, but I did get hooked on other similar pills), and I know how difficult it is to live with them but also without them. So best of luck to you and hope things continue this way for you. Please keep us informed :)
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice to know that you are over it and in the recovery. It may be a slow process but the most important thing is your moving forward and getting better. Keep it up and good luck. :)
  6. Dwayneu

Dwayneu Community Champion

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum. A lot of college kids fall for Adderall to get an edge, that it's practically an issue now and I wouldn't be surprised if they really tighten the regulation of that drug in the near future. It's an amphetamine-based stimulant and has really bad side effects, so I am glad that you've managed to recover and get your life together after abusing it. Good luck!
  7. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

To be honest with you, I've just taken Adderall because I am about to face one of my biggest exams yet and I would hate to lose another year. Many people will judge me for this, but as long as you are ok now, you haven't experienced any health issues and don't plan to take these pills again, the decision of taking Adderall wasn't so bad after all.

Many people have been drinking and smoking for years or even tens of years and still had ruined their health. They don't want to quit.

Anyway, although it was a bit unorthodox, it wasn't an entirely bad decision. Good for you that you've stopped.
  8. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I am glad hear that you are getting your life back together in a clean way. Everything takes times but the important thing is that you are doing better then you once were. As frustrating as it can be keep up the good work, things will get better.
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@111kg... I would never judge you for your decision. I will just tell you to be very, very careful. People frequently end up addicted even though they never intend to. Don't want that to happen to you.
  10. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

Nope. I'm trying my best not to. Even though I get addicted to it, my family knows about it and will definitely stop me from continuing the minute I say something is wrong. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, though.
    deanokat likes this.
  11. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I am glad you made some positive decsions in your life and are on your way to recovery. It may be a slow recovery and I am glad you have made the decision to stop. Sometimes addiction is insidious and can sneak up on us when we least likely suspect it. Kudos to you.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Awesome! I'm so glad you found recovery especially through getting healthy.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@333 Hello and Welcome to this forum! It is good that you had made the right decision to change your life for the better. Just continue what you had started and wishing you the best of luck for your full recovery. Never give up! :)
    deanokat likes this.
  14. danjon

danjon Senior Contributor

Have you tried any nootropics to help you get off and stay off Adderall? It might be a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire", but some people swear by them as an alternative to more addictive stimulants.

One note of caution would be to stay away from phenibut. I believe it is extremely addictive in and of itself.
    deanokat likes this.
  15. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Welcome 333 and you can rest knowing you have the full support of all of us here. I am happy you are well on your to way to full recovery and I wish you nothing but success on your journey. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
    deanokat likes this.