An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addicted to Cheese

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Coolkidhere, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

Did you know that North Korea's Dictator Kim Jong Un is addicted to cheese? He has in fact ballooned in size and walks with limp simply because of his addiction to Swiss cheese. He imports it from another country to satisfy his addiction.

Why is cheese addictive? Apparently it contains traces of morphine - which is a highly addictive drug from which heroin is made. Morphine can naturally be found in cow and human milk. Another factor which makes cheese addictive is that it has casein. Casein is known to produce opiate like effects when digested by the human body.

I am also one of those people who loves cheese. In fact, I can eat a huge bowl of mac and cheese in one sitting. Sometimes, I eat cheese by itself, like a snack. I may not be addicted to it but now I know why I can't get enough of it!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/addicted-cheese-contains-substances-similar-5285861
    Damien Lee likes this.
  2. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Well that's certainly interesting! You learn something new everyday. That must be why babies pass out in a milk coma after breastfeeding haha.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  3. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Yes cheese is good but not too much of it. I can't stand swiss cheese tho, that's my least favorite. If you eat too much cheese you will be constipated and regret it later. Everything is good in moderation. I didn't know North Korea's dictator was addicted to cheese that's interesting.
  4. kgord

kgord Community Champion

If I was addicted to cheese it wouldn't be swiss! I like a slice or two of it on a sandwich or in Quiche, but other than that you can have it. I do eat a certain amount of mozzarella cheese because I am kind of a pizza fanatic. That is interesting to note about cheese. It seems to be popular world wide. Some of the large chunks of cheese here in the United States are very expensive.
  5. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I see, Kim Jong Un should watch his weight, an obese dictator does not command respect, lol. I didn't know that cheese can be addictive. I like cheese, but it gets old after a few bites. I know some cheese just tastes awful like Raclette cheese, so I wonder if anyone can be addicted to that!
  6. BrandonA

BrandonA Active Contributor

Well, I certainly have never heard this one! :) But who knows. I personally love cheese and can see how you just can't get enough. One great thing about Thanksgiving/Christmas is all the sausage/cheese/cracker combos that become available. Exotic cheese! Tis the season.
  7. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I love cheese as well. In fact, I eat it everyday, as a meal, snack, as anything. Milk is also on my favorites list. But I did not know Kim was addicted to it, and that pretty much explains why is he so pudgy. And I kind of understand him, ha ha!
  8. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I love cheese also. I like trying different kinds of it. I usually pick out different ones at the deli to try. If I like it I will buy more of it. I really like swiss cheese. A ham and swiss sandwich is the best! Interesting though I had no idea that somebody could be addicted to cheese!
  9. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Anyone can be addicted to anything. So I guess addiction to cheese is nothing unusual. Since anything in excess is detrimental to one's well-being, regulation may be in order. If Kim Jong Un doesn't cut back on his cheese intake, then he has to face the consequences. His lifestyle is already taking a toll him as it is.
  10. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I am not aware of that and I did not know that cheese has morphine on it. I also like to eat cheese and love dishes or foods with cheese flavor.
  11. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Well, one learns something new everyday. I had no idea that cheese contained traces of morphine, or the effects of casein when digested by the human body. Perhaps that explains the growing number of cheese lovers I've been encountering over the years. I don't think I've come across anyone that has expressed a dislike for cheese, like they usually do for other foodstuff.
  12. Coolkidhere

@doatk22
    Lol! That must be why! My baby sleeps easily after drinking milk either from me or from the bottle.

@Tsky45
    Yeah it's interesting to know that their dictator has a love affair with cheese lol. Dairy can really cause an upset stomach in some people. Even some people who are not lactose intolerant gets their stomachs upset just by drinking milk or eating cheese.

@kgord
    I'm not fond of Swiss cheese too. I like either cream cheese or cheddar cheese. Yes, cheese can be quite expensive here too!

@serenity
    Oh I haven't tasted that cheese yet! Mostly the cheese I have eaten are delicious so it's new to me that some cheese variants don't taste very nice.
  13. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I think the North Korean dictator has to spend quite a bit of money to import the cheese which could be used on more better things, and the taste may seem nice and should be eaten with caution and sometimes. It is important to be aware of the amount of dairy products you have and too much can make some people sick and especially in pies, as the cheese in there may not be healthy for the person, so need to see when you eat the cheese as for me sometimes it can cause me to feel sick if I eat it in the morning. I reckon that some cheeses can get old so need to check the expiry date as it can be foul smelling if it is really old, and need to eat a few slices which can be alright for the body.
  14. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Active Contributor

Wow! I didn't know that cheese (and milk) contains traces of morphine. That's probably contributing to his addiction, in addition to all of the other unhealthy things.
  15. serenity

serenity Community Champion

@Coolkidhere, I know right? My mom bought that cheese because she read in a newspaper article that the author even goes to abroad to buy Raclette cheese. So she thought that it tasted that good. Wrong! It tasted awful! I'm pretty sure liking that cheese is an acquired taste!
  16. Coolkidhere

@BrandonA
    Oh yes cheese season it is! We use cheese on many dishes for Christmas too. We even have this one big ball of cheese only exclusive for Christmas called Keso de Bola. Though this one's too salty for my liking.

@Nergaahl
    Haha! Dairy can really make people pudgy! I mean look at all the cute babies with their round, pudgy faces lol.

@L_B
    Cheese is really satisfying on sandwiches! I remember being addicted to Dunkin Donut's Ham and Cheese sandwich before. And then how about pizza? I love three cheese pizzas! My favorite would probably be Sbarro's cheese pizza.

@xTinx
    Yes, his cheese addiction is just one part of his health problem. He seems to be into different vices too. He really has to watch out for his health. Although, his people would probably be happy if he has to step down because of health problems.
  17. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@Coolkidhere Thank you for sharing this interesting post! I didn't know that cheese contains traces of morphine and caesin which happened to be addictive substances. Nowadays all the foods we are eating we are not sure anymore if it is safe to eat or not. What we will eat if all the foods that we will eat have something in it that is bad for our body. But it is good to eat those food stuffs even people already got aware of it.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  18. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

@Coolkidhere I don't actually find babies that cute, but each to themselves. And well, all newborns are fat, yes, even those who later in life become walking skeletons. It's weird to think about the fact that I was pudgy at some point, ha ha!
  19. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I can relate to the cheese addiction. Cheese and bread are my downfall. I could eat pizza every single day of the year, no problem. Why does everything that's bad for you taste so damn good? That's what I wanna know. *sigh*
  20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

I'll raise my hand up as well. I love cheese, though I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it. (maybe... just a little :p). It tastes really damn good, especially the more natural one that has a lot of milk nutrients still.