An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addicted to Coca-Cola

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Damien Lee, May 23, 2015.

1. Devonne

Devonne Member

I dislike Coke very much but I know for a fact that I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. I could live off of that stuff! I have tried to access my addiction and figure out what part of if that I am actually addicted to like maybe the sugar, caffeine, or something along those lines. I know that I am addicted to caffeine but I crave nothing but soda. I love the way the bubbles feel and just the whole process of drinking it. I know that sounds strange. I'm looking to quit and it's been very hard. I want to get healthier and I know the first step in that is to block out things that are bad for me. Here's to working hard and getting off of the soda train.
  2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

Eeeek. I might need to back off. Okay, scratch that. I DEFINITELY need to back off them. Does drinking 8 cans a day sound bad? LOL. Most people need their coffee in the morning, I need two cokes and a few smokes. Neither are good for me at all, but I always thought they were at least better than the junk I was consuming in the past. I suppose it's time to let go of more bad habits.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Contributor

Pardon me but your comment was part of the email I got sometime in 2001 - a smear campaign against Coke. That email even has an accompanying photo of a melting faucet and a sink. That it can destroy metal so it can destroy your stomach. But fortunately, that email was more than 10 years ago and my husband is still alive and kicking strongly despite his addiction to Coke. By the way, I am a Mt. Dew drinker.
  4. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

I don't think it could actually burn a hole in someone's stomach even with 8-10 a day. I DO think it could be an agitator to esophogal erosion, ulcers, things of that nature.
  5. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I enjoy a coke and would remember when I was younger would have it on a warm day, with some hot chips and hot dogs as well and enjoy having it as the taste is nice and also good to have as well. Coke should be drank sometimes and being addicted will cost you money and also it can affect the body as well, which can get damaged as well and be hard to fix the lungs or the liver from too much consumption. I think coke should be taken in moderation and not, drink it all the time and it could affect the weight as well and the body may get sick and also not drink it daily as that leads to an addiction and will need it to survive.