An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addicted to Coffee and Tea

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by djdrug, Jan 22, 2016.

1. djdrug

djdrug Community Champion

Thanks you guys for this amazing support. I am glad to have become part of this community.
  2. djdrug

I am kind of afraid of that too. But, I'll do it. And you're absolutely right, it was the caffeine and the sugar that I was addicted to. Thankfully, I have now cut the sugar out completely. Its the caffeine addiction that's still lurking around.
  3. lmilic

lmilic Member

For me it seems as much caffeine, I put in myself it will never be enough, sometimes I'm so angry when Idon't take my coffee, even do it makes me nervous because Idon't want to be that addicted to it, anyone having the same problem?
  4. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Well, I think it has to be pointed out that it was not necessarily the coffee that made you feel bad but all the sugar you were putting in it. As most everyone knows, sugar, especially when taken in large quantities can be a toxin. Caffeine and coffee in moderate amounts are good for you. I find it a little upsetting when people refer to it as something negative. FYI both my grandparents dranks several cups of coffee per day and lived to be in their 90;s.
  5. I think everybody is addicted to coffee and Tea. I mean, at least, I was and still am. I don't consider this to be a major issue, I never drink more than two cups a day. But I never drink it when I get up in the morning or when I am hungry. I usually have it when I am heading to work or when I come back from Work. I usually have more Tea than Coffee as I love the flavour and it is a lot safer in terms of keeping your stomach clean and maintaining a stable health. I don't add a lot of Sugar.
  6. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Caffeine is the most common substance that people can be addicted to. Since tea and coffee is the most common drink, when people take it many times, it is likely that the person is addicted with caffeine. I take 8-10 cups of coffee, however, I don't think I am addicted. Whether it is addiction or not depends no how strong your tea/coffee is.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Thanks a lot for sharing your story with us, it takes a lot courage to come here and be as honest as you were. Congratulations :) This is the first step, now you know you have a problem and hopefully with our support you will be able to get rid of it :) Talking about your addiction on here helps loads, so don't hesitate to come here and talk with us.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. djdrug

Yeah. Talking about it does help a lot. I have become even more aware of my inner strengths because of the amazing support I get from this forum.
  9. Ram Shah

Ram Shah Member

Yeah caffeine and sugar addiction is no joke! Weaning yourself off of it a little at a time is probably the best way to reduce your dependence on it. I have a friend who has like 8 cups of coffee a day and has been having a hard time quitting! Good job!
  10. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Addiction to coffee and tea is very common among working people. I overheard an airport staff last night tell a colleague whenever she is on night duty, she has countless cups of coffee. This has automatically become an addiction and it would take time to stop the consumption; unless people come to realize it is addiction, it remains a part of them.