An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addicted to opportunity?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Damien Lee, May 13, 2015.

1. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

@serenity
    She lasted quite a few years maybe about four. She was actually a full time maid. She was okay at first. But then as the years went by she started hurting me and my sister. Not as painful but just little things like pulling our hair or pinching us or spanking us. The thing is my mom never hurt us so what right does she have to do that?

Oh I am very sorry to hear that. It is so sad that she died that young. You are right though. At least she has spent most of her life with you and your siblings. Most parents live long but spend so much time at their work. Your mom's time was very well spent with you.:)
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

@Coolkidhere, That also was an issue with our former maid, like when my dad would get home she won't prepare meals, etc. I was only in pre-school at the time and she left around the same time too, so I never remembered anything. I think most maids are like that when they have been with us for years. They develop a thicker skin towards their boss. Yes, it was quite well spent, but it would be nice if she lived longer, since I was only 15 when she died.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  3. Coolkidhere

@serenity
    Yeah I guess they have that syndrome. We are just lucky that they did not abused us or hurt us so much. I watched this one video where a maid is kicking a baby she was babysitting. I just cannot finish that video.

Aw you were so young when she passed away. If you do not mind my asking, what did she died of? It is okay if you do not want to answer. My bestfriend in highschool lost her mom due to breast cancer. She was only 16 at that time. Then now, her father died and she is only 24 now.
  4. serenity

@Coolkidhere, Yeah, I think that as time goes by they eventually tend to make their own decisions instead of consulting their employer. Like what they say, "familiarity breeds contempt". Did you guys have a hidden cam as well? My mom died from cardiac arrest due to kidney failure. She had dialysis for 1 month. Having a kidney disease is like having a death sentence!
  5. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I guess your boss is a workaholic. It's not good to neglect your family, let alone your own personal needs. He can't take that money with him when he dies.
  6. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I definitely think that there are people out there that are addicted to opportunity - both in the financial sense and in the sense of getting recognition and so forth. I have known a lot of workaholic types who have been so focused on success and reaching what they saw was their "best potential" that they would be prepared to throw anyone under the bus if it meant it was easier for them to succeed.

I'm all for people achieving their goals, but when it becomes malicious or at the sake of other things in their life such as their families, then it's definitely a problem.
  7. Coolkidhere

I guess that saying is right. Nope, we did not have a hidden camera at that time. We just told our mom what the maid was doing. Oh that is really unfortunate. Yes kidney diseases are really hard to cure. Even dialysis is such an expensive treatment. But some people thrive even for years just by having dialysis.
  8. serenity

@Coolkidhere, How old were you guys at that time and how did the maid hurt you? Yup, it's quite expensive and painful for the patient. My mom had this tube on her stomach and she can't take a bath normally because the tube can't be wet. So she only takes sponge baths. At least the pain is now over and she's in a better place now.
  9. Coolkidhere

We were only at grade one at that time. She pulls our hair whenever she braids it. Or pinches our ears when she does not like what we did. Just little things like that. Anyway, what is the tube for though? That seems to be actually difficult to tend for everyday. Your are right though at least she is not in pain now anymore.
  10. serenity

@Coolkidhere, I think that tube is where the waste goes out, because the kidneys can't function normally anymore. It must be very painful to have an open hole in your body.. If I was diagnosed with kidney disease, then I'd probably end my life in advance. I don't want to suffer, lol. Oh that maid was mean huh. You kids must be quite rowdy? Lol.
  11. Coolkidhere

@serenity
    It really must be painful. I cannot imagine enduring the pain like that.:/ Your mom was very strong. I have this fear of slowly dying. Disease like cancer or like your mom's really make the person feel every pain which is really like slowly dying. I would rather die from a bullet than a disease. Or end my life just like you lol.

Well yeah. Lol. Hahaha. Not really as much as kids today though. I saw one kid slapping her mom at the mall. I have never been that rowdy.:/
  12. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

Some people want to be really wealthy and put that first in their life and everything else comes later on which can mean their family and health will be neglected in the long run and may enjoy, working all the time in their life. Sometimes it can mean that they may have had a childhood where money was a problem and now they have it, they may want to have more and work hard to be secure in life. I reckon it can be a addiction and wealth can open the doors to many things, and many people will do whatever it takes to gain it and not care about the consequences that it causes.
  13. serenity

@Coolkidhere, I was an aloof and "chill" kid, so maids wasn't irritated with me, lol. Given the chance, would you like to know how you would die in advance so that you can prepare for it? I would.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  14. Coolkidhere

@serenity
    Sure! That would be very cool but also scary. Knowing how you will die and when is very frightening. More than just preparing for the disease, I will probably prepare my loved ones before I die. How about you?
  15. serenity

@Coolkidhere, I kinda know how I'm gonna die because a psychic has predicted it already, but that will happen many years from now. I don't consider my family as "family", so I don't really care about that part so much. I'm more about accomplishing my goals and to just prepare for the syymptoms of the disease.
  16. Coolkidhere

Woah! Is the psychic that good? What was the prediction? I think accomplishing your goals before the disease sets in is a good idea. Have you made a bucket list yet though?
  17. serenity

@Coolkidhere, It's a lung disease, so when my lungs start to have trouble then I know it's the end. But that is quite far and I will be old that time already. It matches how I would die in my natal chart (I'm into astrology) so I believe it. That's the first and last time I had a reading with that psychic, it was a paid death reading, so I wouldn't be able to say if she's good with predictions. Since my date of death is quite far, I haven't made a bucket list yet.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  18. smartmom

smartmom Senior Contributor

This is not an odd one! As a salesperson myself with an online community filled with opportunities. I found it necessary to stop signing up for new sales positions. I love what I do but when a person promotes too many things, something else lacks the attention it needs to be successful. I love the fact that even though you thought this was an odd one, you shared this with us.
  19. Coolkidhere

That is really cool knowing how you will die. Do many people get psychic readings with that psychic? I think if she is well known for his or her readings, then it might mean he or she is good. I wish I could get a reading like that but there are not many psychics around my area.
  20. serenity

@Coolkidhere, I just get my readings on Fiverr, so why don't you try to have a reading there? I won't pay more than $5 to get a reading, lol.