An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addicted to toxic soda?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by FuZyOn, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I used to love drinking Pepsi in the morning apposed to coffee. Pepsi is full of caffeine I guess that's why it's so addictive. I know a lot of soda can cause kidney problems after a while. Way too much caffeine causes dehydration.
    I usually drink non caffeine sodas.
  2. irishrose

irishrose Community Champion

I used to "need" a diet Mountain Dew every morning on my way to work in order to function, for the caffeine. Then sometimes I would get to work and have an additional cup of coffee. I "needed" caffeine in order to function. For health reasons, I gave up caffeine about 1.5 years ago. It has been one of the best decisions of my life! I have found that I actually have more energy throughout my day now than I used to when using caffeine. No more highs and lows! Also, I have found that I sleep much better at night now. Plus, as an added benefit, I am saving money I would have spent on soda pop. Occasionally I will have a soft drink as a special treat, however, for the most part I drink only water, and I'm fine with it.
  3. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I have never liked soda. It tastes awful to me, and it makes me feel sick after I drink it. But remember, soda is an alternative for alcoholic drinks at parties and related events. People actually think that it is better to consume them instead of alcohol, but in fact it is just as bad, just that one of them makes you drunk. I am that kind of person who only drinks water and milk.
  4. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

My mom is addicted to pop and has been for a long time. Now she has kidney failure. All sorts of soda is toxic. They have aspartame too which is very dangerous. It can cause heart palpatations in people. I stay away from soda and only drink water or tea.