An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addiction is long gone

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by oportosanto, Oct 29, 2015.

1. JayLyn

JayLyn Active Contributor

I think that those of us who have been through the trials and misery of addiction have a duty to be available to those still suffering, if only to live by example by continuing to try to live the best we can without the aid of substances. Its not always easy and we don't even always succeed but anyone with any kind of long term clean time can tell you that they got there because they didn't stop trying. That is the greatest advice I could give anyone Don't ever give up, you never know what tomorrow holds and what you did yesterday or two minutes ago, does not need to be the reality of your right now.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

That's true and I have similar cases in my life, but to be honest I am really far from that happening. Life gives many turns though and we need to be strong to face it.
  3. queend17

queend17 Active Contributor

Well first off, Welcome to the Community, and I applaud that you've managed to kicked your habit even though you had so many people in your life influencing you to use drugs and I hope that you find what you're looking for here and manage to help as many people who've suffered the same fate as you and help them come out of the darkness, so that maybe everyone my be able to live a drug free life... So yeah... ^w^
    oportosanto and deanokat like this.
  4. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

Thank you, many times we do need a strong motivator to do it and in my case I realized that the life I wanted to live was not compatible with drugs or alcohol consumption, so it was a choice I made.
    deanokat likes this.