An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addiction to Beauty?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by gracer, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

Good thing you do not smile or giggle in front of her. I do not think I can control myself if that happens to me lol. Maybe you should record her being like that but then again our MILs are sure to repeat their craziness. My MIL just does the same crazy antics over and over again. So tiring.
  2. Coolkidhere

I actually do not know what my husband's intention is. The thing is that he is studying medicine now and also handling a business. I do not know what his plans are if he intends to be a resident doctor in the US. I really hope not and I wish that by that time I get a stable job so we would not have to go to the US with him. He actually still needs to go to the US if he does not want his immigrant status revoked. The embassy allowed him to stay here because of his studies.

I do not exactly know if his mom will be a citizen or immigrant like him. Well I guess if there is a fee needed to be paid every year, she will think twice about living here because she is in so much debt here. I guess I need to research on her petition status.

I really really hope she stays there for good. But I do not know the legalities.
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

Same with mine. Its always the same BS. It starts with her throwing a temper tantrum because she noticed her sugar was low. She hadn't bought any in 3 months... thats her argument for why it shouldn't be low. I must have used her sugar, (or some other hallucinations and delusions), which gets everyone else irratible. Then the lies start in. And they're lies that everyone knows is a lie. Last year she decided to quit her job and pack up a bag and go stay with friends. These friends fed, gave her a place to sleep, bought juice for her vape, and on and on and on. When she came back and my husband called her out on it, because she left my husband holding the bag. He had to pay all the bills AND figure out he was going to pay for us to move out, and where. Her friends took pictures of them at Peddler's mall. When her and my husband get into it, and he tells her she screwed up, she tells him, "no one was supposed to know, but I was in a nuthouse that entire 30 days". And everything is just really stupid after that.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  4. LilAnn

we're about to celebrate our 8th anniversary next month. We were supposed to get married on the anniversary of when we got together, a little over 2 years ago. But it had to be put on old, (my husband wants a REAL wedding, and the price on those adds up really quickly, lol).

We still have a lot of moments. But we have gotten used to it all. Basically, or arguments are us saying things in mean voices, and they can be pretty mean sometimes. One of us threatens to end it. We both go silent. After a little bit of silence and glaring, one of us will ask the other one something, (like asking him if he wants me to put his drinks in the fridge), and then we move on. We are both very passionate about everything we argue about. But we're both really used to it.

The way I see it is the more sh** two people go through together, the tighter the bond becomes. That includes fights over his mother. The harder it is now, seriously, the easier it'll be later. Especially, when you see how big of a difference a little bit of time and maturing will make on someone.
  5. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Wow... I feel so much better after reading I'm not the one experiencing this kind of things, specially the ''I'll end it thing''. Usually it's me who brings it up, then after a bit I do feel so guilty for saying that. Because he says he will never leave me, hehehe, but sometimes I get so mad at him I say that kind of things, but to be fair he has screwed up much more badly in the past.

Thanks, if you see it that way, is not bad at all to share those heated moments. I often tell him all of our biggest fight have been more like tests than anything else. I guess I do feel closer to him now :D I don't like fights, but this is a different way to see it. I'll no longer feel so awful when that happens :D
  6. Tremmie

Oh, that is so nice! I did med school for one year when I was younger, but I quit. I'd love to give it a try once again :D What is your husband going to specialize on? It must be so nice to be the wife of a doctor ;) I know he is not a doctor yet, but soon he will be :) That is so cool!

As for your MIL, well, about that fee I don't know much to be honest. I just knew she had to pay that yearly, no idea why. My mom said her mom was a citizen, but maybe things are not as strict for immigrants? Maybe she will have to stay longer over there if she wants to retain her status :)
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  7. LilAnn

we both bring up leaving. It feels like it's every day, but it isn't. We both know we aren't going anywhere. It may look like we're horrible for each other. But feeling so strongly about someone is going to make fights happem.
  8. Coolkidhere

That must have irked you so much! Your MIL must have so many issues. I just do not understand how she can allow her son to pick up after her mistakes. She is a grown woman already. I feel sorry that you and your husband has to go through that over and over again. It is hard to not help our parents but your MIL just does not appreciate what her son has done for her already. I hope she wakes up before he entirely gives up on her.
  9. Coolkidhere

Oh same as me. I studied medicine for a year too but then I got pregnant lol. I think he wants to be a surgeon probably a neuro or cardio surgeon. He still has not made up his mind.

It is nice but actually I feel jealous. Since it was also my dream to be a doctor. I got pregnant in 2nd year of med school so I have to stop. Now I saw my batchmates and they are interns now. Maybe you should try med school again. And live the dream for me.:)

I do hope she stays over there longer. I read one case in the internet where a man was questioned because he stayed out of the US for about a year. I hope she has to stay there longer because of the petition.:)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  10. Tremmie

Awesome, what did you want to specialize on?? I hadn't made my mind between internal medicine or Endocrinology, but I think in the end I was going to pick internal medicine. I did well that first year, but a lot things happened and I blow it. I might go for it again when I move out, but we will see :) I've a health issues now that might now have a solution... unless I get surgery (by a really talented neurosurgeon) in the next 5 years.

Aw, but maybe in the future you can go back to med school! When your son gets bigger :D I know a teacher who was 53 years old or so when he decided to go to med school and became a doctor. It was his dream since he was young, his story made me feel so inspired!

Can't you ask your husband for more details? or he is not open enough to tell you? I'm sure he knows that his mom situation is like in the US right now. They talk very often, I'm sure she has told him something.
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  11. Tremmie

Oh my, it's always me who bring the ''leaving'' thing up, lol. Last time we had a fight it seemed so serious! He was so mad, again... the reason we were fighting were his parents. I just made a little joke about his parents. I just said his parents are not polite. He was furious! I guess here was something else bothering him...

I think is great both of you trust each other so much, to the point of knowing neither your nor him will go somewhere. I still have my doubts sometimes about me and my guy...
  12. LilAnn

I had my doubts for a really long time. you know those moments in romance movies, where they both realize that this person is the one and they will never be happy unless they can be together? Our "moment" was when he was going to Ohio to work in fracking. We were talking about everything I would need to worry about with him gone, (yard mowed, trash burned, etc.) He says, "And go ahead and start planing the wedding if you want to." I said, "thats fine." (You can't tell me your eyes didn't water just a little while you were reading about the most romantic moment in an 8 year relationship.lmao). Everything we had been through together, all the bad, if neither of us had left yet, I guess we figured we weren't going to.
  13. Coolkidhere

Wow I do not know a lot of med students who want to go into internal medicine! You should pursue that! I really wanted to specialize in Dermatology. When I experienced taking care of a baby, I thought about pursuing Pediatrics.

Oh is there any talented neurosurgeon in your place? Most rich people here go to the US for such complicated operations. Well maybe I would want to in the future. I just cannot really leave my son to just a maid or even my husband's aunt. The only one I can trust to leave my son to is my mom but she is still working.

I asked him last night. Well, it seems like his dad petitioned her. So she will become a US immigrant first. If that is the case then she has to spend more time in the US for her status to not be revoked.:)
  14. Tremmie

I like challenges, heheeh! But we will see if I ever decide to give it a try, I need to do a lot things when I move to that country. I need to make sure they take into account all those years of education in my country, but you know how it is when you first move to a ''first'' world country. Some countries make things more complicated than they should though, lol.

There is one in the US. I'm not sure I'd trust any other to perform the surgery... it's quite delicate. The neurosurgeon I want to see is located in Arizona, Dr. Spetzler, he specializes on skull base tumors. I've only heard good things about him, a lot people with my same issue as me have been treated by him. Apparently he is one of the best neurosurgeons in the states.

I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!! This sounds like really great news, enjoy your time away from your MIL. Let's hoe she ends up staying over there forever, hahaha!
    Coolkidhere likes this.
  15. Tremmie

Lol, awww! Romantic moments like the ones seen on the movies rarely happen in the real life. Just ask me where my fiance proposed me! And where we had to have dinner before being proposed (because the restaurants in Luxembourg seem to open a little too late on Saturday). We had to eat at Burger King, lol. We had dinner at Burger King! After almost a half day walking up and down trying to get to the city. That engagement trip was such a mess. But it got us closer :) It was far from perfect, but when I think of all that I smile and remember he is not such a bad guy :p
  16. LilAnn

Anyone who has had that perfect, romantic moment is either delusional or a liar, lol. I'm going to be completely honest, romance makes me uncomfortable. It always has. Thats one thing we both have in common. We knew that about each other before we ever met in person... considering I just wanted someone to "hang out" with on my 2 nights off every week, (Friday and Saturday).
  17. Tremmie

Oh, so you met online? Lol, we met online as well!!! We were on a LDR for a while, it was hard at first, but we made it work. Boy, did he ruin so many wonderfully romantic moments saying things he shouldn't...! I forgave him, between you and me (and everyone else on the internet reading this) I forgave him because I know he is really slow, and also because deep down he is a good guy and a gentle soul. Who needs romance? Lol, everything that can go wrong will go wrong :p Now I know that!
  18. Coolkidhere

Yeah! My husband looked for med schools when he was in the US but they all require him to return to his first year of med school again. He really did not want to do that so he ended up returning here lol.

So what is really your condition? Do you have any plans of going to Arizona to get a surgery? I hope your condition is not that bad or delicate.:/

I really hope so too! I also wish that your MIL stays away from you and your hubby forever lol!
  19. LilAnn

It wasn't as romantic as anything online, lol. My roommate knew I was looking for a Friday and Saturday night booty call, no strings attached, don't even care if they have a name or anything else. He picked out my husband and one other guy that he knew and let me pick out the one I preferred. I saw a very gooberish picture of him. Then my roommate brought him by the house when I was home one day, just in and out. But he came by that Friday, and we've been together ever since.
  20. Tremmie

Awww, in a way I think that is kinda romantic, lol. So you picked him? :p Are you still in contact switch that roommate? ;) I think he did a very nice thing by introducing him to you. They say love happens when you least expect it, I guess that is exactly what happened with you guys. Did you ever think of marrying someone before meeting him?
    LilAnn likes this.