An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Addiction to Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Megalinoxo, Oct 5, 2014.

1. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

Marijuana can be addictive, I know someone who takes it and some days he is passed out in his own room for the whole day from taking it. It affects the mind, and person thinks they can handle it and without is will cause them to get into depression for a long time. It can be bad for well being and you waste money on it, and just think the drug is so important that everything else is not as important as the drug. Putting your life in danger is not good as, you only get one life and should value it.
  2. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

I know a lot of people who believes that marijuana is not addictive. I used to be one of those people until I tried it for myself. I became so addicted that I wouldn't feel right if I could not smoke daily. I would get depressed or angry if there wasn't any marijuana in my possession. I would get tired of it and quit for a while but eventually start doing it again. I had a scare about two years ago with marijuana and I have not smoked any since then. It is an addictive drug but people do not understand that because they have never tried it.
  3. 6up

6up Community Champion

It is difficult for an addict to quit smoking. They need support and prayers. They are not supposed to be the odd ones out in our families. We must show love so that they understand whatever we are proposing.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I smoked weed for many years, and I still know a lot of people that do. And I have to say I'm still not convinced that it is addictive. When it comes to smoking it, I think it's the nicotine that's the addictive substance rather than the weed.
  5. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Sounds like they smoke and you don't. Just say ok than let's see you stop and for how long. Compulsive, impulsive need that you can't kick even for a few months. This is a problem. Something to me is addictive when you absolutely have to have it and you can't say no. Most people who smoke marijuana every moment is a good moment. I don't think I've ever seen a typical refuse. Some might say they need to wait until after work or something like that. But who does that when they smoke all the time. They think it is the coolest thing no matter what time of day. The thing is that they are in denial. They don't see how they actually worship it, and this is what it looks like too. Like it's a holy answer to everything. I don't know it seems weird to me how people get so fixed on something like this. Its like they are in love with it to a point where it controls them.
  6. Jose

Jose Active Contributor

I know many people addicted to marijuana, and even myself dabbed on it for a while. It's hard to tell but what I think is, some people have a way better experience than the average, leading to psychological addiction. That's what happened to me, apparently nobody else was feeling what I was feeling. It's was scary to know such an amazing thing existed and I didn't know. This is the same as people that smoke cigarettes and don't go through much hassle to quit, but then you have others that find in cigarettes the friends they were looking for.
  7. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

For the most part, it is not physically addicting like harder drugs are. It can be mentally addicting, but so can just about anything. You can become mentally addicted to eating hot dogs or playing golf. In no way is marijuana addictive in the same way cocaine or meth is addicting. They aren't even remotely close.