An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Alcohol and pills

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Gelsemium, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

My worse memories of being high were with alcohol and pills. I knew the effect would be enhanced, but it's something that doesn't happen immediately, so when it did I became a zombie and even hurt myself accidentally. So, the advice stays here, don't do it, we never know what can happen.
  2. musicmonster

musicmonster Senior Contributor

Ths is why it is best to be educated on what drugs like pills are out there that could really harm the people. It doesn't mean you have to experience them. Awareness is key.
  3. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Pills is very vague. What kind of pills? Benzodiazepines, opiates, muscle relaxers, MDMA?
  4. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

In addition to what Rob said (identification of the drug) there also needs to be some discussion on individual experiences. What can you recall? Lots of head-in-toilet, hanging on for dear life while emptying your contents? Spinny Room? Headache that felt like someone split your skull, after you wake up? Whatever the case may be, more details, and the name of the pills and liquor you were mixing would be cool, if you feel comfortable talking about it. I have no qualms sharing my details.
  5. Gelsemium

This is one of the questions Rob, sometimes we got them of the streets and we didn't even know what we were putting in, that is the level of the danger.
  6. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

I understand that you don't always know what you're really getting from a dealer, but starting a discussion about "pills" is very vague. It does no good to group every single pill together. What kind of pills did you intend for this thread to be about? What pills did you guys intend on purchasing when you were buying them?
  7. Shimus

If you didn't ask and just did them out of them being handed to you, I guess I can understand this from a neutral standpoint. But like Rob said, you can't group them all together.

Even nixing that part of the conversation, what side effects did you have? Did they re-occur? If you don't know their names, maybe the symptoms could help us isolate what you took.
  8. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Well I'm glad you didn't overdose or suffer terrible after-effects. Everyone should make sure that they are fully aware of what they are putting into their body, whether it is pills, or a drink, or even food.
  9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Wow, that is scary that you don't even know what you were taking when you started the pills. That is a recipe for hospitalization of even worse. Hopefully you don't do this anymore.
  10. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Man, if someone offers you drugs on the street, just don't accept them. Or do, but throw them away. But don't take them, and DO NOT take them with alcohol. I hope you are alright at the moment.
  11. NanaTracyAnn

NanaTracyAnn Member

Always be careful with prescription pain medication and over the counter medication. These can be a deadly combination. Only use medication if you really need it. Take Care of yourself!
  12. Gelsemium

That is the whole aim of the discussion, I was just trying to refer that the effect of pills is enhanced by alcohol. More, I didn't even knew what pills I wanted, I just wanted to get high.
  13. Shimus

Yup. They definitely are enhanced - and with the wrong drug you were taking and the alcohol you imbibed you were lucky none had a reaction against each other. I know someone who took a random cocktail like you did and then convulsed and ended up puking his brains out for the entirety of the night. I can't recommend taking random drugs, ever. If you're going to abuse, you should at least know whats going in to your system, at the very least.

The feeling of "wanting to get high" is the urge that drives us all to do crazy things.
  14. Gelsemium

Now you are saying a big truth, I was extremely lucky to not have mixed something that could have really blown me away, like you say, crazy things are done at those moments.