New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Alcohol Inception

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by lonewolves, Jul 25, 2018.

1. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

So, if you haven’t seen the movie Inception, and aren’t aware of the premise, it is essentially about a dream within a dream, within a dream etc.

I am about three weeks away from my 4 year anniversary (or soberversary, as I like to call it) from not drinking alcohol.

This is great and all - but even 4 years later, I’m not able to shake these reoccurring dreams I have. Occasionally I have had dreams where I forget I don’t drink, and I drink. But more frequently I have different dreams about those dreams. While I am dreaming, I will tell someone that I don’t drink and then remember those times I accidentally drank (in my other dreams) which causes me to be filled with anxiety and guilt.

Anyways, even if you have never experienced these dream inceptions, have you ever had a dream about using that felt so realistic that you questioned whether or not it actually happened?
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I have done both,I wake up and do a shot of dope to then wake up and make sure I don't have a needle in my arm,I also have the same nightmare every night and wake up searching for someone who isn't here...but anyways yes you are not the only one
    lonewolves, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

i've had very realistic dreams too.... and wonder when i woke up if it really happened... interesting!
    lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I hope that in time those dreams will go away, @lonewolves. They don't sound like much fun.
    lonewolves likes this.