An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Alcohol Overdose: What to do?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Nick W., Oct 20, 2014.

1. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder Active Contributor

Always always seek for medical help. What's always going wrong in situations like these is that everyone around assumes the other person is just way too drunk, that's why he's not responding, when in fact the alcohol level in his body is already starting to reach very abnormal levels. Even though you are not sure, it's always just best to go to the hospital right away. You would not want a fun night to end up miserably unforgettable.
  2. 003

003 Community Champion

I really didn't know that there's actually alcohol overdose. This is the first time that I heard about it. I thought that you can just go on drinking until you pass out, but nothing's going to happen other the common ones, not as illustrated the first post. So drinkers, even the heavy ones have reason now to not overindulge themselves into alcohol.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

This is good to know. The 911 list to learn. Yeah you really don't want to get into telling someone in a state like this what to do.
    Passing judgement in any given situation always points to the person who is judging. Sometimes they are the cause actually. You know if someone doesn't seem to want to go for help more than likely they are the victim of suppression. Whatever it is.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Thank you for sharing these tips, these are certainly useful for people who are dealing with alcoholic relatives and friends. They will know exactly what to do to help them when the need arises.