An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Alcoholic in adolescence.

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by akiram13, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

I am so happy to hear you are in a good place now. I find that there is a correlation between early child drinking and drinking problems as an adult. I'm glad to hear you are in a better place now and many will find inspiration in your ability to recover from a rough beginning.
  2. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

A lot of teenagers have this problem and it seems that for you, even though it was definitely too early for that, being pregnant helped a lot. You are a good example how from going in a wrong direction you can take a right turn and make up for things you have done or haven't done. Anyway, it is very nice to hear something like this and to be able to talk about this on your forum. A lot of youngsters around the world are in similar situations and they need to be helped.
  3. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

I am very happy to that you out of the alcohol addiction. In my opinion, you have a very strong willpower. You are one of the rare people on the earth who totally overcome it. You are an absolute inspiration for me. These types of success stories inspire me a lot and you are giving motivation and hope to a lot of people including me.

I completely agree with this fact. There is always a way out. If one can become addicted to something, he can overcome the addiction too....
  4. monty

monty Active Contributor

I was impressed by by your story. I know that it is a major problem for today's generation but with a strong will power, one can overcome it.
  5. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

That's so true and I'm so glad that you got free from that bondage! I'm so happy for you and your little girl! :)
  6. monty

monty Active Contributor

It's all about courage.If one has it and if he decided to go on then none can stop him even he also.Good and keep on motivating other adolescents around you who is addicted to alcohol.:)
  7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I'm really happy for you!
    It's amazing how a person presence can change so much our life and perception of it, and the most of the time are for good, and that's everything that counts.
    Keep it up, girl! :)