An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Alternatives to Adderall

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Gelsemium, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

I think that the pharmaceutical industry and doctors overall don't put the interests of patients first and they prescribe Adderall way too fast. Either ways, if we don't take it, the problems don't go away, so what alternatives do we have?
  2. Christian

Christian DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

There are some holistic options that are available and can be effective. Certain vitamins, herbs, and amino acids when combined together can be helpful. In addition diet is another thing to look at when trying to seek other methods in treating ADD or ADHD. A lot of times the patients are misdiagnosed with ADD or something similar and then the treatment is going to be just as skewed or off point. The only obstacle I see is that the holistic approach isn't as immediate or potent as an amphetamine based medication such as Adderall, and a great deal of patients don't have the patience to wait for the change to occur. Most people are looking for something similar to Adderall in impact and effect and when they don't feel that jolt they are convinced it isn't working or doesn't work.
  3. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I think herbal uses are out there and also, it can work, maybe changing the diet and also having diet of vegetables and cut out the oily foods and also cream which can seem good but can be addicting as well. I think doctors should check before they prescribe something and also, see if the person needs it as well as Adderall can be good for some uses but can cause problems in some people. We have to rely on man made medicine as it is regulated and the herbal or natrual ones are more at your own risk as it could work or not and may even change your life as well for the worse.
  4. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

There's only one that comes to mind, Adderllin. It's a supplement that aids in weight loss, boosting energy, and mental focus. The unique blend of vitamins, extracts, herbal stimulants, and nootropic smart drugs make it powerful in facilitation of body fat loss, boosting energy, and cases of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
    carol83 likes this.